Return fuel line size different

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony dee

The forum seems to say that the 96 xp uses all 1/4 ID fuel hose. The shop manual says the return fuel line orifice is .8. They don't mention the feed fuel line size I don't believe.

Can someone set me straight cause .8 is not 1/4 inch.

Close enough I guess. Unless someone knows where to get .8 ID fuel line. And thinks its necessary.

Thanks for the knowledge.

I may be wrong, I thought a 96XP used all 1/4" (6mm), if you have a piece of 8mm you can replace it with 5/16" fuel line, I suspect it's the feed line from the fuel filter/water separator to the carb. rather than the return fuel line.

The manual may be talking about the jet orifice in the return line from the carb., which restricts the flow of fuel, if that's the case just leave it alone, you can check an make sure it's not clogged, use a small drill bit or a small paper clip.

Lou

I am looking at manual spx 5877 and xp5858/5859 . Fuel return line orifice . MAG .8 PTO .8 Where is the return line they are talking about?

Technical data page 13-02-2. Also since the xp lines are metric no standard line will be exactly the same as a whole metric number. For example 1/4 inch is not 6 mm but I believe 6.3 or something. I could be wrong and I could need a drink. Please correct me and let me know where this 8 mm fuel orifice is located.

Ps. 13 mm is 1/2 but I don't even think that is exactly exactly the same. Please tell me.

Every person on this forum with a 96 xp is running 1/4" lines with no issues at all. I would just run the 1/4" and enjoy the ski

Guess that makes it right. Sorry for the posts. Now I know why I don't post. If it was up to me I would use the tempo lines i have four xps all had tempo lines never had green goo or a problem but changed them as per forum. Enjoy u ski. My four friends have a Cadillac never had an issue with them think I ll buy one and enjoy. Sorry about the rant but I am the guy who will put duck tape on a fuel line to enjoy. Now I try to get it right and I hear don't worry about it enjoy. Well for me it's either the right way or duct tape no in between.

Lol, the old fuel line return orifice. .8mm our .031 thousands of an inch.

It's the return orifice INSIDE the damn carb, as seen by the pic. That's why I asked what page, that page is a direct page for the carburetion, not fuel line related.

Just run the 1/4" fuel line and wrap it up.

360.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Hey Tony. You're doing the right thing, better to ask. I never asked a question in school and regret it, probably could have been an A student instead of a D student.

Keep plugging away and asking questions!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks fellows just had a panic attack after doing 4 xp fuel lines and reading that one line might be the wrong size. As u know some real hard to get to. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back