Retro-fitting step and wakeboard parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOND007

Hi,

Following the advice of our esteemed mechanic moderator, I am posting this as a separate thread to an earlier post. So please excuse if it doubles up.

I have recently acquired a 1998 GTX LTD with only 90 hours and it runs perfectly and is a beeautiful ski to use. It seems to me SeaDoo is way ahead of its time with features on this early-model ski not available on recent-model Japanese skis.

Has anyone had experience retro-fitting the rear spring-step? When fitted as OE, I notice the steps are bolted through the transom. This is pretty much impossible as a retro-fit. So the question is can you get a secure mount with self-tappers or self-sacrifice type screws or do you need an expanding inner retainer-type bolt or some other special fitting. And regardless, what type of sealant do you apply to ensure it doesn't leak?

I am also interested in retro-fitting wakeboard mounts to the side rails. Has anyone had experience with these? There is less loading on these than the spring-steps, but I wouldn't want one to damage the hull anyway.

Finally, has anyone had experience retro-fitting the proper high-mounted wakeboard pole from the later models (I think introduced 2007?).

We have already done a lot of excellent water-ski-ing with this Jetski and plan to do a lot more in the fuure.

Any suggestions on any of these would be greatly appreciated.
I also assume I can buy these parts by using the Parts section on this formum?

Safe SeaDoo-ing
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back