Replacing the Bunkboards!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeman56

I got a Shoreland'r PWCD 2213 double trailer when I purchased my 2020 GTI 170. I am looking to replace the bunkboards and looking to see who has done it already by replacing the wooden ones with plastic?? Any suggestions?

Thanks

You can use 2x4 pressure treated or any other semi-hard/ stable wood, wrap and staple the black carpet material they sell that's made for bunks. (may just be cheap marine carpet?)
I found a pre-made set a few years back for a LoadRite single PWC trailer and I believe they were at West Marine? (but not 100% sure).
The ski really seems to stay put on the carpet, not so sure about the plastic ones.

If you were to use a couple of Trex (or similar) boards as bunks they would warp badly. They aren't made to remain straight over the distance between bunk supports. Trex recommends laying their plastic boards on something like 12" to 16" spacing for joists.

I have never had problems before with wood bunks, but I killed that record this weekend. Purchased a Spark last week, and had it on the water this weekend. Had a bunch of young men pick it up and carry it to the water - then 2 sat on the trailer bunk and broke it in two. I know the trailer had a bit of distance between the bunk supports - but kind of bet the factory bunk had a very bad knot in the wood.

considering replacing with synthetic bunks, but have not read anywhere how they work with the plastic spark hulls. Have heard people having issues with them on fiberglass hulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back