Replacement Steering Wheel - Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhziii

Hello,

I need some help. I have a 2010 210 Challenger SE and my steering wheel is busting open from the rust (salt water only use). I don't feel like spending $500 for an OEM. Has anyone found other options?

Thanks in advance.

I would love to see a pic of this, as I have the same boat. What do you mean "busting open from rust"?

It is at the marina, but I'll get a picture taken this weekend when I head back to the island. There aren't many sea-coo boats down here, but I saw the local handy man replacing one on a 230 wake about a month ago. The new wheel will cost about $400 and he charges around $60 to replace it.

A wheel changeout is 6 bolts. Definitely a DIY job, just find something that's marine rated. Momo, speedline, any of those brands that have marine wheels will be an option for you,

Moochy, thanks for the response. I saw the six bolts, but the other problem is the black part behind the wheel, the paint has come off of that as well. That salt water is harsh.

Here are some photos. I stopped by a boat dealer today and he said depending on how it is he could remove the wheel and the part behind the wheel and put a stainless steel wheel. I think it will look weird. Photo Jul 11, 6 57 06 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 11, 6 57 53 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 11, 6 58 24 PM.jpg

So I texted with the seller and they said the boat was totaled and that the wheel was from a 2013 challenger, but seadoo didn't make a 2013 boat. Then they said it came from a boat with 100 hours and on Craigslist it said 20 hours. I asked if it was his boat or if he was just a seller but he didn't respond. Not sure about it. Thoughts? Thanks for your help!

No but its local.
I could pick it up and ship it to you.

Steering wheel is actually in great shape. I was going to swap it into my boat since mine looked a little faded but after cleaning mine it looks better. Ill get some pix up on my "parting thread"

I have removed and refitted the boss kit on my 11 challenger, what you will need to do is go to an auto parts supplier and buy a steering wheel puller. They are very cheap. Undo the locknut scrape off a bit of the locktite and screw the boss kit off, it's a bit like the reverse of a bearing pusher. When the boss is off take note of the key way position and go get it metal polished or powdercoated. Don't discount straying from the oem wheel too. Lots of sweet marine options out there,

Moochy, is the boss kit the part behind the steering wheel? That is the part that is flaking off. I am buying a used wheel OCOD found me on craiglist.

I have removed and refitted the boss kit on my 11 challenger, what you will need to do is go to an auto parts supplier and buy a steering wheel puller. They are very cheap. Undo the locknut scrape off a bit of the locktite and screw the boss kit off, it's a bit like the reverse of a bearing pusher. When the boss is off take note of the key way position and go get it metal polished or powdercoated. Don't discount straying from the oem wheel too. Lots of sweet marine options out there,

Looking at this wheel to give a bit of room for my legs between the seat and wheel! Anyone have a shot of the wheel mount?Screenshot_20180712-205142.pngScreenshot_20180712-205142.png

Would love to do it ASAP...but my wife is getting a bit tired of the new boat spending! Maybe a Christmas present! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back