Replacement gas can spout

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dsw222

Another thread that I was reading this morning reminded me of this...

Can anyone recommend a replacement spout for 5 gallon plastic-ish gas cans?

The eco friendly ones are absolutely ridiculous. I'm searching on Google and I will report back if I find one. I know that the new cans aren't vented so you can't use a direct-pour type spout, but there has to be SOMETHING that has a higher flow rate and isn't as stupid as the ones that the cans come with.

I've often thought of machining an insert to use a regular hose on the Eco cans. Maybe I'll see what I can come up tomorrow at the shop.

you mean the ones where you have to pull back on part of the spout for the gas to flow and then it just dribbles out? Damn, I hate those friggin things. They should hang the genius that came up with that design on the tree next to where they should hang the guy that came up with the idea of the floating nuts on the walmart eversart batteries that are never in the right place to get the bolt started.

I've often thought of machining an insert to use a regular hose on the Eco cans. Maybe I'll see what I can come up tomorrow at the shop.

I wonder about the legality of doing that for others, doc. CYA??? Isn't that "new and improved" spout now a mandatory item on gas cans??? Just would hate to see you get in trouble.

The best place to get the old spouts would be auctions, garage sales, second hand stores...

I wonder about the legality of doing that for others, doc. CYA??? Isn't that "new and improved" spout now a mandatory item on gas cans??? Just would hate to see you get in trouble.

The best place to get the old spouts would be auctions, garage sales, second hand stores...

Not really any issue. Heck... the new "EPA" valves leak fuel all over the dam place. Besides... JAZZ/Jegs still sells fuel jugs with a regular hose.

Not really any issue. Heck... the new "EPA" valves leak fuel all over the dam place. Besides... JAZZ/Jegs still sells fuel jugs with a regular hose.

Just didn't want to see any trouble out of you trying to help us out! You are an amazing asset to this site! Thanks for everything you do!!!

Trust me, I HATE the new spouts!!! I have one small gas can with the new and improved spout.. I only use it for things I don't want to put much gas in. (Trimmer, chain saw... ) My tractor gets the can with the good old spout... or sometimes I even take the spout off and just dump out of the filler opening! Much faster! LOL!

"Plastic-ish" gas can? I bought up several of the Blitz USA, Inc. 5 gal plastic cans and their replacement nozzle listed here. Flows really good, is self-venting. I can turn the nozzle in any direction so that it will work good on my 94 GTX AND my 94 XP.

Ido not know if it will work with othe gas cans or not. It does NOT fit my 2 1/2 gal. metal cans which have a yellow rubber spout with no safetys or ECOOO-stuff.

http://www.blitzusa.com After you get here type in the search box: Self-Venting Accessory Pack Item #52101

How is the flow rate? Does it take like 5 full minutes to dispense the 5 gallons like those stupid side trigger ones do?

I see now. A regular old type nozzle. That is so much better than the new "improved" model! LOL!

I have a Glastron and a Seadoo with a side facing gas cap. No way can you put a funnel in and still pour gas into it. I took the cap off the boat and brought to HD and Lowes to match up the threads thinking I would make a new spout with PVC or something but it's a unusual thread size.

I bought a self-venting plastic can and it's almost useless. It just gurgles out , slow then fast then slow again. So then I bought a plastic with a trigger handle thinking that I could stick the spout into the gas cap ans then move the lever and squeeze the handle...that would work if I had 3 HANDS...another useless invention.

So I took the self-venting one,(emptied it first) and drilled a hole on top of the handle towards the back and keep a rubber plug in it. This works much better. For the Glastron boat I bought a long flexible funnel and hold the funnel part between my knees while sitting on the bench seat and then pour the gas. It's a longer process but it works and no spills.

I thought of buying one of those 15-25 gallon rolling tanks, but the problem for me would be trying to get it out of the car/truck when it's filled.
Any thought s about these tanks??????

Hey guys, back again. Will try to include a pic or two at the end of this. I'm not promoting or selling this thing. NOT as good as a straight nozzle, but close. I have an old plastic 5 gal "Jerry" can with a screw vent cap and a straight nozzle about the same size as this one. This one pours almost as fast as that one. I also have some of the galvanized Eagle round cans with vents and plain rubber nozzles that are about 1/2" ID. This Blitz nozzle flows about twice as fast as that can. The Blitz nozzle is 3/4" inside diameter and has a built in vent tube that is about 1/8 " dia.

SeaDoobuddy has used these I think. He is right you that until they get the self-vent going they are kinda slow and gurgle. Once they get to flowing, they are pretty fast. Have not priced them on line, but I paid about $10 apiece at Home Depot.

One note: my '94 XP has a side mount filler and this will work on it withourt a funnel-one handed if you can hold 5 gals with one hand. Just found that I cannot attach a Pic.

I found this thing I put in the gas tank, slide my card in this slot and pull the handle and it fills pretty darn fast plus it stops when it's full. Works great and it's on the way to the lake. It's called a gas pump at the gas station. Problem solved for me!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

find your self a 10-15 gallon metal or plastic fuel barrel, the go to harbor frieght and get their $32 rotory/cast iron pump. and run a hose from the out of the pump to your tank. if you need to take some 2x6's and make a rollor stand for the barrel.

My problem is that I have side facing gas caps so funnels won't work unless they bend and stay that way. I need a 90 elbow in them.

Seadoobuddy, this is the replacement spout for the Blitz plastic 5 gal can. I put in a web address for just the spout and here it is again: http://www.blitzusa.com/products/fuel/accessories/pfasvap.htm. http://www.blitzusa.com/products/fue...es/pfasvap.htm. The website for the mfg. is http://www.blitzusa.com.

I have a '94 XP (side mount fuel filler) and this can works on it. I just turn the spout pointing up instead of out. It works easiest with the hood open so the mirrors are not in the way, but you can get around that by adjusting the up-angle of the spout.

Definitely not the fastest pour around, but works pretty good and there are no handles to squeeze or slides to push.

I like the old JAZ jugs. You could dump 5 gal in about 30 seconds. But the big jugs are $40 now. at one point, I had 3 of them... and I was getting them for $14 at the local motorcycle shop.

Yessir Dr. Honda, I have one of the JEGS 80221 Jugs that came with my skis when we bought them. Basically Bulletproof gas can with a really BIG mouth. I do not have a spout /nozzle for it. Bought a BIG flexible funnel, but it takes two hands to handle the funnel and two hands to handle the Jug. But you're right - it is fast. This one is real similar to the big JAZ Jugs.

I was looking on the JEGS website and they advertise fast pouring C.A.R.B. comliant nozzles for these big jugs. They also advertise fast NON-CARB compliant nozzles-and have an insert for the nozzle to adapt it down to fit bikes snowmobiles and skis, etc. FYI if anyone is interested in that direction.

I saw some of the 5 gal VP Racing jugs going locally for about $31. I really liked them, but hate to spend $100 just for plastic cans to carry my gas. I can easily use a funnel on my skis so I went with the typical red 5 gal can. Got a couple of them for $10 on sale.

I usually leave them behind though, unless I am riding somewhere that does not have a marina.

Back