Rental Insurance in Canada - Recommendations ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SeeNDoo

Hi Folks,

We currently have a rental property in Northern Ontario that we rent out during the summer and winter months and were toying with the idea of renting out our PWC to our guests.

I have a couple of questions with this and could use someone's expert opinion. Would our typical PWC insurance cover the craft when it's rented in the event of a mishap, or would you guys recommend purchasing some sort of rental insurance. Secondly, can any of you recommend a good and cheap PWC broker in Canada.

Thanks in advance!

If your putting this "on the books" then you'll need more insurance than it's worth. When your customer runs someone over and tries to sue him/her thereby suing you, and your insurance company finds out your renting on your personal policy you'll get hosed! If your looking at running a ligitimate rental company talk to your insurance company ... premiums will be high though. I have a family friend who tried renting out seadoo's and seadoo boats in the muskoka's a few years back his maintainence and insurance premiums squashed any profits. I certainly don't mean to come across as discouraging ... but think about how most rental cars are treated!

Back