Removing Scratches

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

enut

As the attached pictures show, I have some scratches in the green areas of the hull. Has anyone removed this type of scratch before? Does this need to be painted over because it is green, or can it be buffed out?
Thanks

0604131906-01.jpg0604131906-02.jpg

The original color was gel coat... and it's tough as nails. BUT... I'm seeing signs of a "Mask line"... so that's paint. AND... it's probably soft.

It all depends on how deep they are, but I would try to buff them first.

Actually Doc that is the OEM tape line that is on the Challengers. That is all the OEM Gelcoat. You should probably be able to hand buff all that out with some heavy cut compound and a ton of elbow grease. But, if your hand is steady enough or use some blue painters tape and tape just over the white tape you can buff it with a power buffer, much less effort and time. Tape the entire rub rail off too, the power buffer will put the compound all over it and that is a pain in the backside to clean off.

Use 3M Marine grade rubbing compound and than finish it off with 3m finesse it II. Definitely use a buffer otherwise it will take you days going at that. Get yourself a porter cable buffer that way you cannot damage the paint (burn it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back