Removing pump/ibr

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xstratagoof

Removing the pump seems easy enough. I haver the ibr, is there anything worth knowing with respect to the ibr, before i change the wear disc and impeller? Thanks...i sucked some sand today... :( gotta learn this the hard way!
Its a 2011 gtx 155....

Removing the pump seems easy enough. I haver the ibr, is there anything worth knowing with respect to the ibr, before i change the wear disc and impeller? Thanks...i sucked some sand today... :( gotta learn this the hard way!
Its a 2011 gtx 155....

how much sand did you suck up that it wrecked the impeller and wear ring?.. usually sand just passes though and its the huge stones and rocks you have to look out for.

you shouldnt have any issues with the ibr and pump.. there should be still just the 4 bolts if i remember correctly.. i dont think anything ibr related is attached to the pump.

There must have been some rocks, i lost some top end speed, hits 50 mph max...assuming there is some damage. I just wanted to know if there are any presets with the ibr that i have to watch out for. Its still in the water but i'm trying to pre-plan this.where is the best place to get a hard copy service manual for a 2011 gtx 155.
Thanks

It should be a fairly straight forward process. As far as a hard copy of the manual goes, I don't know where you could get one but I got a digital copy off eBay for like $10 for mine and just print out the section I need for the job I'm doing usually. Works just as well.

There is a you tube video (just a series of poor taken photos, not actual video) that highlights the procedure you will need to take to remove the pump with an iBR and get to your wear ring. You could also join this site as a premium member for a month ($10.95) and download the manual. I have to do the same as I sucked up some rocks and destroyed my wear ring on my RXT-X. I was 27 miles from my camp. Had to limp 10 miles to a marina, ride 17 miles to my camp on my other ski, and then take a 2 hour round trip to the marina to pull my ski out of the water. Not fun, but good example of why it is best to ride with others. Would have been in trouble had I not been out there with someone on another ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back