Reinstalling Rebuilt Carb

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jharding08

So thank you to Mikidymac for his carb rebuild thread, I have never rebuilt anything mechanical and I was able to take my carb for my 1996 GTS apart and rebuild it with an OSD back to OEM kit, pop off test and everything. Great Read and educational. My GTS just has the single Mikuni BN38, but between the rebuild thread and the service manual, I got it back together and leak tested

When I took it apart, I took pictures of how each part was assembled, including the linkage to the oil pump. I think I have it back correct, if someone could let me know if they see anything out of order, I would appreciate it. I know I have to reset the spring for the oil pump arm, it doesnt reset with the throttle linkage arm. I set the high and low speed screws to stock settings, since its the original engine (Low 1-1/4 turns, High 0 turns, light resistance)

Also, I didnt note the position of the throttle butterfly at idle. Right now it is closed because of the spring holding it closed, I am guess this is correct?

Last thing is that I lost the screw to the throttle arm. Its down under the engine with no hopes of return. Does anyone know what measurement that is so I can finish the assembly and hope it drifts to the back after riding?
1623976436285.png

Thanks for your help in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20210618_000208091.jpg
    PXL_20210618_000208091.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 6
I don’t know the size and typically you don’t pull that nut.

I would suggest propping up the front of the ski and using air or water to push the nut to the back of the hull.

Got any plumber or home inspection friends???? Sometimes they have those snake cameras that look into walls and such.....that would be an easier way to "find" the elusive carb nut. Another option is to stick your camera down there and start snapping photos...you may get lucky and "see" the damn thing, then you can try to fish it or push it out to a more accessible place if you know where it might be to start.

I have had success finding lost stuff under the engine while the carbs were out....you can slide your hands under the engine and or drag a wet rag under there and hopefully you find what you are looking for.....maybe!

Regardless, that missing nut will most assuredly be some oddball metric size....i'm guessing. I've never actually taken that nut off.

I have a spare nut in the parts bin somewhere I believe. If I can find it I’ll run to the store and measure it. Might be a day or two though before I get to it.

I have a spare nut in the parts bin somewhere I believe. If I can find it I’ll run to the store and measure it. Might be a day or two though before I get to it.
Appreciate that. I am hoping to blast it out with air or water today (along with other nuts/washers that I have since replaced). I'll let you know if I am successful

I have these long forceps/tongs that I use to feed my bearded dragon that I shoved under the engine and moved it around. I hit something so I hit it sideways harder and it popped out and it was the nut, I couldn't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back