Regular gas on 2008 RXP X 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeeza

Can I use 87 regular gas on this ski? It is all what the marina carries and my Jet ski is stored there.

Thanks in advance.

Can I use 87 regular gas on this ski? It is all what the marina carries and my Jet ski is stored there.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you can but if you bring 2 5 gal containers you could go 50/50 on regular and highest gas which would get you to 90 octane US and will give you two fill ups . That's how the gas pumps create mid grade gas.

I think the instructions say it will work on regular but at reduced power but I would never do it. If your somewhere and forget, I would fill it with regular and stay in the econ mode all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ agreed. Knock sensor ultimately adjust the ignition mapping to compensate for poor fuel just like your car does. If you're in a poor-quality fuel situation... I try to abstain from running the throttle wide open for long long periods of time. just burp the throttle once in awhile and give the engine a break and get back on it. Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back