Recent 787 pick up, engine stuck

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mason08

So i picked up a 97 gtx with the 787. The motor only turns maybe a 1/8th back and forth. I pulled the RAVE valves and i can see the pistons moving. What else could be holding it up allowing only a little movement?

So i picked up a 97 gtx with the 787. The motor only turns maybe a 1/8th back and forth. I pulled the RAVE valves and i can see the pistons moving. What else could be holding it up allowing only a little movement?

Possibly a locked jet pump. Pull the jet pump assembly off and try again. I have a 96' GSX where this happen, previous owner thought the engine was locked, but it was the jet pump locked and rusted up. My 97' GTX was locked also when I got it, but it was really bad, piston with a hole in it, metal pieces jamming the crank, full of water and rust. Total mess.

Let's hope it's just the jet pump.

Last edited:
If the pump is fine it’s typically a rotary valve or rotary gear bad. Moving on could be a bad balancer too.

i pulled the cover for the rotary valve and that was it. Had rust stuck on it not allowing movement.

Last edited:
That Miki !!!!! :D :D I was thinking maybe some rust in the cylinders. Hope the rest of the engine is Okie Dokie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back