random hoses...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdchopperchick

OK, I bought a 95 GTX Jetski, and the people claimed it needed a new starter. We purchased a starter and put it in. Progress. Today I opened the front compartment and took out the storage thingy, and noticed 3 hoses just laying there. Not connected to anything. Where in the world do they go?? HELP!!

This is what I found

Attachments

• 3DDDE959-D34A-4375-93D6-758680F1A78E.jpeg
    3DDDE959-D34A-4375-93D6-758680F1A78E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 24
  • B121FBFD-2849-4531-AB65-459F690E7DC2.jpeg
    B121FBFD-2849-4531-AB65-459F690E7DC2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 24
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that looks like the old gray tempo fuel lines. I see one still connected to the factory fuel separator/filter. Those need to be replaced and the carbs will need to be rebuilt with genuine mekuni carb kits. Search the forum, there is a post for how to do this. If this is truly the state of things, the PO was not honest with you.

I can’t quite see the fuel baffle in the pictures to see if they may have replaced the fuel lines and just left these hanging. If so, they bypassed the filter.

This is what I found
It would appear that the three hoses should go to the fuel selector switch in the side of the ski. I can also see that there are missing hoses to the fuel pickup baffle in the tank. This ski needs work. All the grey tempo fuel lines should be replaced with 1/4" auto fuel lines, replace the fuel selector switch, rebuild the carbs with ONLY Genuine Mikuni carb kits.

This ski needs MORE than just a starter...what else has been done? OH, the indignity of it all.....see fuel system hose routing in the attached file....good luck

Attachments

• 20190826075213.pdf
    71.5 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back