Ram Truck Owners

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoosam

Hi all,

I am currently in the market for a pickup. I am not looking to be able to pull down a house. I am just looking for a pickup that will pull 5-6000 lbs (hopefully with ease). I do need a crew cab though and what it to have at least a few amenities. I am looking at Ford F150, GMC 1500, Ram 1500, etc. I recently came across a 2014 Laramie Crew Cab. Fully loaded, looks like a sweet ride w/ a v8 with very few miles. How are these Rams? Are they reliable? The interiors look to be pretty nice on the higher up models. Anything bad I should know?
What's a 5.7 v8 get for gas mileage?

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram Crew Cab with the 5.7 Hemi V8. It has been very reliable! I get around 14 mpg city and 18 mpg on the highway.

You probably already bought your truck but we have an 09 Ram with the 5.7L Hemi. It's an SLT Quad Cab 2wd with the 3.21 rear diff (tallest diff) and the 545RFE transmission (6 speed but it's really a 5 speed with a 2nd prime). Absolutely love the truck. Have over 80K on it and it's been nothing but fantastic. Rides great. Quiet. Plenty of power. Tows just fine even with the tallest diff. My buddy has a newer Ram with the 8-speed and the 3.92 rear end and that thing is a beast.

Mileage is really dependent on how you drive. Towing at 55-65 I can get 17 just towing my lone ski. But going faster it starts dropping. Not towing I can manage 20 if I go only 75 on the freeway. But around town it's pretty bad - 12-14.

If you get a shorter rear end or a newer 8-speed truck the around town mileage is much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back