QuickSilver oils...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Many members have asked me about the brand of oil I use. I have the 1997 Challenger and the 1997 GTX, both with the 787cc Rotax engine.

When I bought the Challenger in 2007, the previous owner said he had the boat serviced once a year and only used XP-S oil. When I brought it home, I found out there was no local dealership that sold the XP-S oil. The nearest Seadoo dealer to me is in Gulf Shores. Which is about a 2 hour drive from my home. I thought about going to get a few gallons but then decided, if I ran out, what would I do in a pinch. So, I decided to see if I could find another oil that met BRP’s requirements.

One day I was in Walmart, getting oil and a filter for my truck. I spotted the Quicksilver oils and started reading the back label. In the first paragraph, it stated that it met all requirements for Seadoo’s 2 stroke motors. This oil is not NMMA (National Marine Manafacturers Association) or TCW-3 ashless oil.

There have been many members PM me and say they can’t find this oil in their local Walmart. If you want this oil, you can try to order it through Walmart online or go to the store manager and make a request for him/her to order it for you. From what I understand from a member that ordered it last year, all you need is the SKU number.

Tonight I went to Wally World and took the time to go by and get these numbers and took a couple pix.

The “Full Synthetic” costs $37.97 at my store. The number is 74506167708 and on the back of the bottle, it has a part number listed as 92-858015Q03.

There is also a mineral oil with synthetic additives that Quicksilver sells, that sits right beside the Full Synth. It runs $27.97. The SKU number for it is 74506167702 and the part number on the bottle is 92-858033Q01.

I like this oil. It’s convenient for me and after pulling down my 787cc last year, the pistons tops were so clean, I could read the stamped piston size and the direction marker on it. I’m not saying it’s better than any other oil. I’d probably run AMSOIL if it was local. But I don’t want to get caught off guard with no way to take out my toys because I ran out of oil.

Attachments

• Quicksilver oil mineral.jpg
    Quicksilver oil mineral.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Quicksilver synth.jpg
    Quicksilver synth.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 266
wow... good to hear.. I have always ran the seadoo stuff and it has just went up to $80 a gal at my local dealer! I will check walmart!

West Coast?

I lived in Portland for a few years. I can tell you outside it being one of the only states that won't allow you to pump your own gas (when I was there anyway), you pay double, if not triple, the price on stuff you can buy in the South or Southeast. It was really expensive living up there.

And before someone asks, I lived at 89th and Sandy Boulevard.:cheers:

Thanks a million snipe!!! My xp-s also went up to $70. About twice what i want to spend. Im gonna ask my walmart to order me a couple gallons.

OK, hate to toss stuff into the mix that may confuse, but I can get this stuff for $17 a gallon, yes, SEVENTEEN BUCKS per GALLON. If it meets all the criteria, I can get this stuff all over, any time, and cheap.

I don't know all the ATI, TCP, API, NMMCA or whatever codes, and don't plan on guessing.

so will these work? I see two different colored bottles, but I think they are exactly the same thing. Posting pics of both just in case someone sees something I do not see.

At this price, even if it won't mix with XPS, I would be willing to drain the tank and start over with this stuff.

Attachments

• Mystic front.jpg
    Mystic front.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,113
  • mystic back 1.jpg
    mystic back 1.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,052
  • mystick back 2.jpg
    mystick back 2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 211
To me, that looks like it meets the criteria. It specifically states approved for seadoo. It states it is injector oil. It states it meets API. It is also full synthetic and states not for outboard motors. should work fine. Where did you find it?

Well... it's not certified API-TC... but I like the fact that in big bold print is says... "Do not use in marine outboard engines." That verifies that it's not TC-w3.

Scooper, Where did you find it at?

Academy. I have seen it at all the local stores.

It is generating lots of interest, so can I assume it is good for our use?

If you guys cannot find it, I can buy it in bulk and ship it to you and probably STILL be cheaper than XP-S AND Quicksilver.

Of course, as is typical with ANYTHING I buy and like...I will buy it all off the shelves and they will quit stocking it :ack:

I switched to the Quicksilver synthetic blend because Snipe uses it. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me. My dealer was a good ride away as well and inconvenient.

I was going to post this tidbit of info last summer but never did. Last summer was the first summer on a new engine. I was extremely anal about doing plug checks. For some reason my plug color with the Quicksilver was much better to read than with the Seadoo stuff. I don't know what that means technically but I can only go by what I saw. Obviously the carb settings determine rich or lean conditions. Settings were dialed in and left alone. With the Quicksilver the plugs looked better and cleaner. I'm perfectly content with Quicksilver and Walmart is 5 minutes from my house.

So have we confirmed that this cheap stuff is appropriate? If so, do I need to claen my system before I add it or just wait till the tank is almost empty?

Use it in seadoo

I would say you would be ok using the Mystik becuase in type it says "Mystik JT-4 Synthetic 2-Cycle Personal Watercraft Engine Oil far exceeds Personal
Watercraft engine requirements for an API TC, JASO FC and JASO FD quality oil. An then in the for uses section it states
"For use in all air-cooled or liquid-cooled 2-cycle (Injector or Premix) Personal Watercraft engines
including those manufactured by Sea Doo, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha, and other original equipment
manufacturers. Mystik JT-4 Synthetic 2-Cycle Personal Watercraft Engine Oil is ideal for engines
operating in high temperatures and where performance demands the most from your oil.

With reading that i would say it would work in all seadoo water craft Becuase although it meets the requirement it also exceeds the American Petroleum Institute Standards.

Scooper Use it and just have the oil low in the tank and add on top.

Mineral vs Synthetic

Currently I have half a tank of Seadoo's Mineral oil in my oil tank. Am I able pour Seadoo's Fully Synthetic oil in or do I need to drain the fuel tank? What would be the benefits of switching over? Is there that much of a difference it would be woth it? :confused:

I've been using the Quicksilver PWC oil, you can't find it at local Wal-Marts around me, which is suprising since I live in Springfield, MO and I'm surrounded by lakes but you can get it at Bass Pro Shops for $30 a gallon.

My question is, how many tanks of fuel can I run before I need to fill my oil. I always fill it up whenever I put fuel in it but is that really necessary?

Does anyone have any knowledge on that subject or can you point me in the direction of a thread that might shed some light on that subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
well it all depends on your riding style if your full throttle it will use more oil than just putting around since i don't know what kinda water craft you have or as far as an engine size i may have to go with about 2 tanks of gas may drop the level of your oil to the low mark!

sweet... i went to wal-mart and all they stock was the outboard 2 stroke... i asked them to order the synthetic stuff and they all looked at me like I was retarded.. im gonna try the bass pro up the street!

good afternoon... SNIPE will you check your p/n's and upc codes please... looking online when i pull up the full synthetic it is giving me the..Q01... according to you the full synthetic is QO3...??? so just went down to bunk bass pro asked them if they would order it for me said i would take a few cases of it...they did stock the outboard stuff on the shelf.....they basicaly said no, and told me to buy it online.....so being super buthurt about this i drove all the way to the other side of town to trusty Wal-Mart, looked on their shelves they too had quarts of the outboard motor stuff so we went to the parts counter asked for a manager so we could order it... took snipes upc and p/n with me... they too were butf#*k's about it... but even better said we dont even carry that brand..i reply you do its right over there on the shelf, i need the gallon 2-stroke full synthetic.. he told me they couldnt get it, they werent alowed to order special...WTF how did you guy's get these places to order this stuff?????

Quit harrassing Seadoosnipe. He is on vacation with his family. Anything you pm to him this week will not be responded to until he gets back from vacation.

So chill...he will answer your questions when he gets back in town. :cheers:

Myself and a friend has used Quicksilver for years in main engine outboards for boats and I have used it in my Jet Skis.

I have heard a few times that it is the same thing as Mercury (old style) oil. If that's true then those are the two oils I've used for years with no problems in both my jet skis.

We know them to be a little stickier, so for trolling motors they don't work good, but for running the crap out of stuff they are great.

Not harrassing, per se, but if you ask him for p/n and upc codes, you won't get it till he gets back.

He made it clear that his wife won't let him log in while on vacation...:ack:

well, im sure somebody that logs on frequently, has a bottle of this stuff layin around that they recently picked up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back