Question re adding OEM tower to a 2011 Speedster 150 H/O

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

I'm currently in the market for a ~2011 Speedster 150 H/O. For various reasons, I like the OEM tower. I've found a boat that's a perfect match for what I want but has no tower. I see OEM towers can be bought after market.

I've done some searching of old threads and there seems to be a suggestion that the hulls of the speedster were specifically built differently depending if the factory was going to install a tower or not - specifically more structural reinforcing. This seems a little suspect to me. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

If I put this another way, if I have the OEM tower installed by someone who knows what they are doing, is it possible (without too much drama) to end up with an install as good as what the factory would have done?

-mick

I have heard that but don't know for sure. Aftermarket towers work fine so I don't think it would really matter.

The manual tells how to remove and install it. It does not mention anything being heavier duty or not. Here is a picture from the manual that shows the mounting bracket that is below deck. It does give details as to certain torque specs and what lock tight to use and what not..

8.jpg

Opps,,, that is my bad...

I miss read the post and thought it was the pole we were after..

Sorry about that...

Yeah, he wants a tower. I think it's possible to do a good job if there's reasonable access on back side and the rigger knows what he's doing but I'd probably look for a boat with factory tower already installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back