Question on PTO carb rebuilding.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 95 sportster with Mikuni BN38 carbs. I tested the Mag carb with attaching a clean hose to the inlet nipple and try blowing and sucking and when I blew into the hose air pass, but when I try sucking the air was not able to pass. I reattach the hose to the outlet nipple and try blowing and sucking and when I blew, air was not able to pass, but when I try sucking air was able to pass.

So I went to do the same on the PTO carb. When I attach the hose hose to the inlet nipple I tried blowing and sucking and some air was able to pass in both directions. However, when I tried performing this on the outlet nipple was I not able to get air to pass in blowing or sucking.

I removed the plate from the carb and attached the hose to the inlet nipple. I was able to move air when I blew on the hose, but when I attach the hose to the outlet nipple I was not able to blow air through the outlet. Tried using compress air to blow out any debris that might had gotten into the outlet side but even with my compressor set at 125 psi I was not able to blow air into the outlet side of the plate.

Is there a check valve on the outlet side or do I have a serious clog in the carb?

But are you suppose to be able to blow air through the inlet and outlet nipples when the plate is removed from the PTO carb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back