Putting Winterized GTX in water to work on trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

personalt

I want to move my ski to a dolly so I can roll ski in to basement for winter. I never tried to push my ski off the trailer but I assume it wouldn't be easy. I was thinking of installing 'teflon' slides on my trailer to make it easier to move my ski to a dolly. The ski is on the trailer so I was was thinking about putting ski in the water so that I could screw the slides to the bunk. If you put a winterized ski in the water but dont start the engine do I have to worry about it sucking in water that would water freeze?

It was winterized that the marina, I think they said that pulled in some sort of antifreeze.

It will slide off easier than you think, spray bunks with water. You can launch it fine if you have a long shallow angle ramp, a steep ramp like the one I use puts the rear well down under before it starts to float up which would possibly put some water back into exhaust.

I move machines between trailers all the time and it works fine on carpet bunks. If it's pulling slightly down instead of uphill it is a lot easier.

Great. Will try water. My concern was unless I lifted ski off trailer to spray bunks it wouldn't be helpful but I guess if I use a lot of water it will saturate it.

If you have a REALLY STURDY tree limb, ceiling beam, kids swing set, etc, raise the trailer tongue up high and attach seadoo front eye to overhead beam,etc and then (help would be nice) press down on trailer tongue. While front of '"Doo is in the air, slather the bunks down in cheap dish soap. make moving much, much easier. A little water as well when you actually slide it off.

This is good idea. I did notice when moving the ski on trailer it took almost nothing to lift tongue. If I only lift it a few inches and chock trailer wheels on both sides this seems reasonable

You don't need a tree, a ramp, or even to wet the bunks. Just grab at rear and "walk" it side to side while pulling and it will come right off after a series of back and forths. Put cart under it and drag it on the cart once it reaches the tip point. Do it all the time by myself even on big 4 strokes. You do have to be a little careful not to break the bunks as some have long tips on the end of the bunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back