Purchasing a 2009 Challenger 180 se

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameslinnell

Hi all. New to the group. Thanks in advance.

Looking at a 2009 SeaDoo Challenger 180 SE with 60hrs on it. Any thing I should be concerned about with this year of boat?

Late reply but I didn’t see anyone else post. I have a 2009 180 challenger 215 that I got 3 years ago with about 30 hours on it. It’s been a gem for sure. Just do yearly oil change/spark plugs and winterize each winter and no issues. This last fall I replaced the stock SC with the larger output model from the 255 model so I’m excited to get it out this spring. It’s a great boat for 2-6 people despite the claimed 8 passenger capacity. Plenty on space on board for storage and it’s east to tow, dock, and maneuver.

Oh forgot, the SC washer should be steel on skis/boats after 2008 so nothing to look for there. With suck low miles check the condition of the air hoses. When I purchased mine there were two cracks in the air hose to the super changer from not being used

Hi all. New to the group. Thanks in advance.

Looking at a 2009 SeaDoo Challenger 180 SE with 60hrs on it. Any thing I should be concerned about with this year of boat?

I have the same 2009 boat. True the washers in the SC are OK for 2009, however I have a trusted mechanic who has a lot of experience with the PWCs 4 Tecs and says he has seen many where the SC bearings have flied apart causing havoc. I had him replace the bearings in mine at 140 hours, however when inspecting the old one, The bearings on the shaft still looked solid to me. I am guessing it may be a good idea to replace the SC bearings at say 200 hours.

By the way, it is best to check it in the water for a day to check for leaks - I had leaks fixed twice under warrantee. It is just all the silicone sealing below the engine and above the jet pump - very time consuming to remove stuff to fix - also Sea Doo mechanic screwed up the steering cable the last time the leak was fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back