Pulling my ski 3000 miles, suggestions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashover

Hi All,

First post. Purchased my SD 2012 GTI SE 130 in June and plan on pulling it down to the Florida Keys in October. I'm looking for any helpful input to make the trip go smoothly. Things I'm already planning include repack trailer bearings, lube coupler, replace trailer lights with LED, check bunks for tightness.

I'm not sure if I should travel with the cover on as I am worried about wearing through for such a long trip. Also any input on preventative things for salt water as this has been a fresh water craft.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure tires are less than 5 years old and have a spare. Some people carry a spare hub with bearings ready to go.

Don’t trailer with covers as they will always scuff the ski.

I have made a 2000 mile run before with 2 GTX’s in tow. You have the major issues covered. With the one exception of the tires. Make sure they are inflated properly and I would recommend a spare and the proper equipment to change one. I also agree with taking a replacement hub.

Sea Doo’s hold up really well in the salt water. I run them a week each year in the Gulf. Afterwards, I wash them thoroughly and run them in fresh water. I have had no issues in 6 years.

Good luck, it should be a really fun trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back