Prop Upgrade & Model Identification 2001 GTS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Trying to figure out the model of my cousins GTS. He wants to get a better performing prop and I ordered a wear ring for it already but we're not sure of the model. Difficult to read the number on the back. Looks like 5551 to me but I can't tell for sure. Some have 140mm pumps and some have 155mm (?) How do you tell which one you have?? Also.... what might be a good prop for his ski ??

What is the year? The last two digits of the VIN are the year. Also a picture would help. The GTS was always a 140mm pump and the smallest engine offered that year and was made from 1992-2001 basically unchanged except from a 580 to a 720 engine.

Seadoo did a good job on the props so there will be very little if any to gain from an aftermarket prop on that ski.

What is the year? The last two digits of the VIN are the year. Also a picture would help. The GTS was always a 140mm pump and the smallest engine offered that year and was made from 1992-2001 basically unchanged except from a 580 to a 720 engine.

Seadoo did a good job on the props so there will be very little if any to gain from an aftermarket prop on that ski.
I don't know where he got the info but he sent me a page with impeller sizing. I'm not arguing but my neighbor said she picked 5 mph on top with the aftermarket prop on her GTS. I'm just trying to identify the ski for my cousin. Apparently there are different numbers. 5520, 5521, and 5551. His ski is a 2001. He wants a prop... I ain't arguing that either. Good Luck I say .... :)

If it is a 99-01' GTS I would go with a Solas Concord Part #SF-CD-15/23. I would put in a new OEM wear ring to go with it.

I ordered a wear ring that is due in on Monday. Roe says the ski is green and white. I know for sure it is a 2001. I told him what you suggested on the prop. I found a picture.....Roes Jet Ski GTX.jpeg

Last edited:
All 2002 and up GTS and GTi pumps are 155mm. However, in 2001, the 5551 uses a 140mm pump and the 5520 and 5521 use a 155mm pump. Post a picture of the jet pump from the back of the PWC.

Chester

My cousin is working on identifying. The picture he sent me of the tag it looks like 5551 but could be 5521. If he would have taken the picture of the rear pump... that would probably have been more helpful. Ha ha

That is the bigger and newer hull GTS in the picture so it uses the 155mm pump, I have the same ski but it was rebadged to GTI in my 2003.

In 2001 Seadoo made two different GTS's just to confuse everyone. The small GTS that is the old hull from back in 1991 with a 720 and a 140mm pump and the new bigger GTS that you posted a picture of with the 720 and 155 mm pump.

Honestly it is way to big and heavy of a hull for the 720 but my wife, probably like your cousin loves it and won't let me sell it. It is super stable, dry and doesn't use much fuel.

The prop Solas lists for that larger GTS/GTI is a Concord ST-CD-10/16. Let me know how it works as I might have to get one too if it is a big difference. The only thing that concerns me is they list the same prop for the same ski with a 85 HP 720 and the 110 HP 787 RFI so I have a little concern that is is not a one size fits all situation.

My cousin says the back of this ski looks just like the SPX so I'm gonna go have to take a look. At the moment he is on the rev limiter so we know we need a new wear ring. I order a 140mm for it before there was any questions. I can use the wear ring I am sure probably on the GTX if nothing else.

If it is the green one in your picture above that is the 155mm pump model and the same as my 2003 GTI.

OK... took some pictures off the pump. Hope this helps identify. I guess the 140mm parts I ordered are not need on this one. LOL Matt.... do we still need a go fast prop. My cousin wants on bad. I rode this today and the wear ring is definitely in need of replacement. Looks like twice the amount of clearance as should be. GTS Pump.jpgGTS Pump2.jpg

Does this ski have a special propeller.... screw type ?? My cousin would like to upgrade to a performance prop if possible.

THe stock prop is very good for that ski. As I said above if he wants to try a different one it is the Solas Concord ST-CD-10/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back