problems with my ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonz281

Hello Kenny Here new to the site i joined because u guys are great i have learned so much in the past couple of days reading the problem and answers KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!!

The ski starts up idles sometimes but hearing a backfire when idle not so much when warmed up now this ski pulls twice as hard out of the hole than the other one just as it gets ready to plane its like someone pinched off the fuel line motor stalls starts back up with backfiring again i can get it to idle sometimes then it pulls out of the hole again gets up to i think around 5000 rpm and same thing happens again .... Please help !!! Also since this one pulls harder than other one does that mean ware ring on other on possible bad or going bad ? And one other question ? what lubes the cranks on these motors and is there anyway to tell what cc these motors are ? Thanks For any help ....
Fyi Since i have got back from lake i have cleaned reef valves very dirty and when pulled black oil on them is this a problem or lack of maintenance
O and one more thing what is the setting for the low and high idle screws on the carbs after all the way in how many turns back out for both
Thanks kenny

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. For better help in the future I would make a separate thread for each ski. I am going to separate these so we can help better.

Backfiring could be caused if the rotary valve is out of timing or a crank seal leaking. I would also do a compression test to rule out piston failure as well.

The 1996 GTX has the 787 engine in it.

Low speed is 1 turn +- 1/4

Last edited by a moderator:
Backfiring could be caused if the rotary valve is out of timing or a crank seal leaking. I would also do a compression test to rule out piston failure as well.

The 1996 GTX has the 787 engine in it.

Low speed is 1 turn +- 1/4

OK thanks what about the h speed screw

Yeah. The high speed screw is sealed off with a plastic
cap that allows an adjustment of 1/4 turn. Do not take this cap off to adjust. Turning screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise enriches mixture and turning screw clockwise leans mixture.

Yeah. The high speed screw is sealed off with a plastic
cap that allows an adjustment of 1/4 turn. Do not take this cap off to adjust. Turning screw 1/4 turn counterclockwise enriches mixture and turning screw clockwise leans mixture.

Ok now i am a little confused i just looked at my carbs and the screw with the h stamped on the carb does not look to be sealed it has a standerd head screw driver hole and a spring under it but does not look to be factory capped off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back