Problems after service

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtbutler

ok so i have a 97 gsi, and i just spent some time replaceing a thrust bearing, i replaced the fuel lines to new ones that wont deteriorate, and i had to take the whole d!$# motor out just to tighten the 4 stud engine mounts the secure the engin to the plate. i had it aligned professionally. i put everything back together and now i have 2 problems... i ran perfect before.

1- i have a series of misfires then it runs fine for about 1 or 2 min then a misfire and process repeats.
2- my VTS wont work, doesnt go up or down on the guage or in back.

I dont know what to do im sure i hooked everything back up like it was before i tore into it, only thing that went bad was i spilt a whole tank of oil when takeing the engine out, so my carbs that were sitting in the bottom got covered, i sprayed some carb cleaner in them and blew it off hopeing that was fine. and obviosly i sprayed out the engine compartment to clean the oil out.

You sure the vts is connected properly and dont worry about the oil same thing happened to me you just lubricated the springs on the throttle body etc.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hitting carbs with cleaner doesn't cut it. You have to take them apart and clean thoroughly. Sounds like it running lean. Very bad for engine. Do not keep running it with that condition.

i looked at the fuses and i got one blown fuse, so im sure that is my vts problem, i didnt mess with the vts at all so i dont know why it would sunddenly stop working, but my carbs were just fine and the basicly only sat in oil for 5 min then brought it out. plus i can clean my carbs but only get to 1 jet, the blow back thing or whatever it is that one bean shaped metal peice that has two screws holding it on that covers the other two jets i cant get of, i tryed last time and almost stripped the two screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back