RESTO Pre 93 SP Restoration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That muriatic acid works wonders on tannin stains. I didn't believe it at first either. My buddy brought some over. It works so slow, that you can't tell, until you see it compared to a spot you missed. I think my eyes bugged out when I noticed how effective it was :)

Honestly getting very tired of sanding. I am going to try the muraic acid on the foot wells to get ride of the yellow staining and then i hope to buff tonight. I am going out of country for the next 10 days so I will not be posting as much.
HELP I wet sanded my 1995 seadoo sp, and the sanding looked great! Got rid of the scratches and orange peel, but I tried buffing it with rubbing compound and it's still very dull, so I tried polishing it and... still dull. What buffing compound do you use? Also I worked at a body shop for a short time so I do know how to sand and buff but I was never told the compound we use. What compounds work good especially on the gel coat that pwcs use?

Honestly getting very tired of sanding. I am going to try the muraic acid on the foot wells to get ride of the yellow staining and then i hope to buff tonight. I am going out of country for the next 10 days so I will not be posting as much.
HELP I wet sanded my 1995 seadoo sp, and the sanding looked great! Got rid of the scratches and orange peel, but I tried buffing it with rubbing compound and it's still very dull, so I tried polishing it and... still dull. What buffing compound do you use? Also I worked at a body shop for a short time so I do know how to sand and buff but I was never told the compound we use. What compounds work good especially on the gel coat that pwcs use?
Pictorial On how to buff your faded nasty hull

Yes but only on tapatalk not on the actual website. Probably a new feature!

I had used the Meguiars automotive products in the past as Jetskigoodies used and when I ran out I called Meguiars and asked them what would be the best. They suggested the marine line as old gelcoat needs much more oils and lubricants than automotive paint and the marine line has this. After using the marine line I would never go back to the automotive line as it works faster and uses one less compound. I final wet sanded with 2,000 then Meguiars Marine Power Cut followed by the Oxidation Remover and finally their Marine Polish last any wax that you like. I like Starbrite Marine with Teflon.

I buffed my boat maybe a year or 2 ago. Made a big difference, but I used automotive supplies. It needs some attention again, as it's getting harder to keep clean and not as shiny. Should I just go over it with the polish, or should use oxidation remover too? I don't think I need to remove much gelcoat from all over, as it's still pretty shiny, especially just after a wash. But there are some smudges and scrapes I need to buff out. I guess I'm asking, what is your gelcoat maintenance schedule?

Welp. It’s been a while and I’ve been super busy with school. But now that it’s finally out I have some spair time for the ski. I can’t seem to get it to start. It’s cranking fine and getting air and has spark but it’s not getting fuel.... so this is what I have for you.... not totally sure what these things are or what they do other than the fuel sender but is it suppose to be hollow?EAF2A54A-86D9-4720-9B22-351C57853135.jpeg6A6ABE3A-3FDC-4DC2-BA95-D6308DC79BFB.jpeg36BE5E80-3ABF-4629-AD93-E6133D1DEAFC.jpegF69B84A4-5393-4D7B-A1C9-E50CA9354CEB.jpeg

Attachments

• AF809688-A552-4E4A-A466-84D1CD474C9D.jpeg
    AF809688-A552-4E4A-A466-84D1CD474C9D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Picture 1 is the overheating beeper alarm.
Picture 2 is the top of the fuel strainer and you are missing the bowl, filter element and square o-ring, you can get the entire new unit for $20.
I would also get a new fuel selector, only OEM parts please.
Picture 3 is the fuel sender but it is missing the filtered end-cap on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back