Powersport Superstore

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RodInEscondido

I am involved with an interesting dispute with Powersport Superstore.

Thru Amazon I ordered some fuel line originally advertised as clear/blue:
"Top grade 100% polyurethane is not affected by subzero temperatures.
Visual confirmation of fuel flow
25ft roll"

The Amazon description has changed as my email thread has progressed to eliminate the "blue" description and length.

This is what was on the Amazon description
BlueFuelLine.jpg

This is what I received (note is opaque, not clear):
IMG_1033.JPG

I am really baffled; in the rare circumstance this has happened to me in the past the seller sent the proper product along with a prepaid label to return the improper item. Powersport Superstore insists I received the proper item and that I pay return shipping despite my sending pictures of what I received.

I cut a 1" piece of the received stuff and dropped it into a jar of premix ... it responded within 2 weeks as expected: changed color and began to harden. They said that because I cut it I would be charged a 50% restocking charge, but I still would need to pay return shipping. They eventually rescinded the 50% charge, but hung with me paying return shipping, this was after I stated I would remeasure the entire line to see how close to 50' it really was (plus or minus 1" in 50').

Anybody have contact information for Powersport Superstore management? I am sure the contact info on their web site does not go to management.

Rod's rant

Can't you just dispute it with Amazon. They should take care of it since it isn't what was listed.

Yes, Amazon has the issue now.

I was just amazed that a seller would engage in this level of dishonesty. I always attempt to resolve issues with the seller first; this one is the first I have seen to refuse to see the issue.

You did the right thing to take it to amazon for dispute resolution (similar to ebay?)

they didn't send the stuff they advertised for sure.

I'd like to think they would accept your position, but personally I wouldn't have cut an inch off.

although I agree that 1" really doesn't mean much on a 50' spool but that might hurt your position if the amazon support person isn't in a good mood.

side note: i've been doing my fair share of returns lately both on ebay and amazon and I have gotten stuck with a couple of small bills for return shipping but overall they've treated me well as a buyer.

I rarely get returns on my ebay sales as a seller but when I do I don't even bother disputing them I just suck it up and accept the return.

Just had one that cost me $15 because buyer ordered the wrong model so he paid return shipping but I was stuck with original shipping, I just consider it cost of doing business.

back on topic...
I think summit racing had actual blue clear line that held up over time, my buddy had it and after 8 months it still looked good.

Amazon gave me a gift card for full purchase price.

I have not heard from the seller as to what to do with the stuff they sent.

Back