Powerhead Replacement 210HP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
Found out this weekend that my current power head is trash and need to replace. Can anyone recommend a good person/company to purchase one from?

What exactly is wrong with it? Did you throw a rod through the block, or is it just worn out (low compression)?

Crowleymarine.com carries replacement powerheads but they are not cheap. You're looking at $4000+ just for the motor. If you can do removal, stripping of the block, build up of the new one, and installation yourself then it's worth it. If your paying for all that labour then it may be time to look for a new boat.

Poppy,
Thank you for the reply.
Will be doing the installation myself. Have already ripped the old motor out with the intentions of re-building it but after reviewing the amount of damage internally it will be easier just to replace. Found a company, Marine Parts Warehouse, that is offering the short block for $3940.00 with no core. Crowley is $4390.00 with no core. Will do some research first but for $450.00 less it may be worth it.
Mike

Check with Mell at 5*star*service in Waterford Mi. He started doing Merc sportjets some years ago. He has a big EBay store under that name. He did a complete install for me including reman and did a great job. His motors come with an unconditional 1 year warranty as well (at least they did.) Looks like his EBAY price for just a rebuild on a SJ is $2800, but that is rebuilding YOUR core. I think he can repair yours if its not too bad. Might consider checking him out. Couldn't hurt.

Address: 5770 Dora Ln, Village of Clarkston, MI 48348
Phone: (248) 494-2313

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back