Power Loss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claridge

Hi All, looking for suggestions. I have a 2000 Sea Doo GTI. I am the original owner. Recently when we go to take a ride it is very sluggish for about the first 15 to 20 minutes of running. I'd say it doesn't exceed 2000 rpm and sounds like its struggling. Tis is at full throttle. After a few minutes it will occasionally surge and sound normal. Then back to no power and a real muffled sound. Somewhere around 15 minutes of running it will start to run normal and i can get up to speed.

Carb filter has been cleaned.
New Fuel filter
New plugs.
New battery

Just read about the gray fuel lines. Will be replacing them. But I found no goo in the filters.

My thought is maybe a ground issue.

Ideas would be appreciated.

Replace the grey fuel lines, clean fuel filter/water separator, clean or replace the fuel selector valve, clean the carb. filters and clean or overhaul the carbs. I know you cleaned the carb. filters, but if you haven't changed the fuel lines they need to be cleaned again, it's also a good idea to add an inline fuel filter.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0451.JPG
    100_0451.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Lou, I did replace the Fuel filter with a new inline filter and will be replacing the gray fuel lines this week. Still seems strange though that it will only run upto app2200 rpm for 20 minutes. And then start to surge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back