possibly a bad fuel selector switch? Help Please!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

Hi everyone, i am new on here i have a 2000 seadoo gs whitch ive owned for 4 summers now, its never given me a lick of trouble until this summer. as of this summer ive been having to run the seadoo with the fuel selector switch switched to "reserve" if i want it to go WOT (it will only idle when switched to the "on" position. i took it out the the lake 2 weekends ago. it ran great the first day (still running it on reserve) and the second day started out running great on the first few rides. but towards the end of the afternoon it started cutting out, after that it would then run a few hundred feet then die and restart. so i pulled it out of the water and checked the spark plugs (whitch are brand new as of that trip to the lake) they looked fine. i spun the motor with the plugs out no water or anything shot out of the block luckily. i then took the sediment bowl off and cleaned it as well as the little filter on it with gasoline. put it back in the water and still had same results. it idled fine but wouldnt throttle out without dying after a few feet or so. i then took it home and was going to start it to blow water out of it. and now it wont start (still has about a quaRTER tank of gas in it) it sounds like its not getting fuel, but turns over great just wont start) any help would be appreciated.
(i will add that ive been told thats its probably the fuel selector switch that needs replaced whitch is what im leaning towards. i just wanted more input to see if it is true. (i am also still needing to replace the grey fuel lines)( but ive never ran any ethonal thru them and i have mainly always used 91 octane gas(without any trouble until now) and i have also never checked the carbs)
-thanks cody

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K., it sounds to me from this and your other thread that you have a fuel delivery problem, and I'm guessing that you still have the grey tempo fuel lines. What happens is these lines were not made for gasoline with ethanol, and over time the ethanol will dissolve the glue bonding the hose and you will get a green goo in your fuel system. This will cause your motor to run lean and eventually cause your motor to fail. From what you're saying you are on the verge of doing just that, so it's important that you fix this now.

You will need to clean and overhaul your entire fuel delivery system consisting of the following.
1. Replace the fuel hoses with 1/4" automobile fuel hose, you will need about 22', just go ahead and get a 25' roll.
2. Clean the water separator/fuel filter.
3. Clean or replace the fuel selector valve, I have not had much luck cleaning them, for $20.00 just replace it.
4. Most important, go through the carbs. and at the minimum clean the carbs. and the carb. filters.

You will also need to replace the clamps, some guys use stainless hose clamps, some use cable ties, I use a combination of both.

Here's a thread on the subject, and it's extremely important that you do this.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...el-Delivery-Problems-low-revs-bogging-surging

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back