PLEASE HELP NEW-B.. Jet pump shaft wont fit new bearings

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcat6882

Hi all-

Im new here; I hope I am doing this right and in the right section. I have a 97 GSX. I pulled the jetpump to do a rebuild. Got the new needle bearings etc... and the shaft will smoothly go through the rear bearing but not the other bearing. I thought it was maybe defective or mis-aligned so I removed and replace with an entirely new needle bearing. But same story, it goes through the rear bearing fine but will not go through the other bearing..... it seems like the bearing is just too tight for some reason. I can lightly tap the shaft with a hammer and it will go in but then it does not turn smoothly at all... I am about ready to start punching walls:mad:..... any ideas? Thank you!

you need a tool....a press. Dr. Honda has them for sale a whole kit. Visit his profile and look up his shop's website A&L Motorsports, LLC

I was afraid of that.... I thought I could install with the right socket and a few soft taps with a hammer... It worked on the rear bearing; must have got lucky... Thanks for the reply seadoobuddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back