Please Help Me

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan1808

Ok here is the situation, I have a 1993/1994 Sea Doo XP. I have had it sitting for about 3 years - prior to having it sit it ran ok.

I am now wanting to get her up and running for the summer and have found that when you put power to her and push the start button - well it just clicks and nothing really happens. The drive axel (the axel that spins the impellor) moves just a micro fraction and thats it.

I have lubricated the 2 grease nipples, replaced the battery so it is not a dead battery.

I talked to a shop locally and they said that it is 2 things, the solenoid or the starter motor. Now my question is this, if you hit the start button - is it possible for the drive axel to move a little bit if the starter solenoid is toast? they suggested I replace it even if it aint broke after sitting so long but I want to get her running first.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

check and see if the starter got "hung". In other words perhaps the starter got stuck in the "out" position, and thats why the shaft is trying to turn when u crank it

first see if you can turn engine by hand without spark plugs. a bad solenoid would just click and not power the starter. That's easy to test, just jump the two large posts with metal wrench or jumper cables which buasses solenoid and is equivalent to connecting battery directly to starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back