Please help me chose Decals

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

haqbany

Hello Every one i been rebuilding my Seadoo Speedster 1998 sines 3month now
new engines , new housing ,new interior , extra will post latter what i have don

now i just Finish the body paint job and i just redesign the Decals my self i could find good one online and they very expansive .

please help me which one i should go for :)

thank you

Rashid

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 148
I think I like the last one. Did you repaint the rear hatch? I would like to see more pics of the whole boat. Espeically the interior.

I think I like the last one. Did you repaint the rear hatch? I would like to see more pics of the whole boat. Espeically the interior.

Hi

yes i repaint the rear hatch from red to black , i will post new photos
as soon i don with the interior , i have chose beige lather and i will make some nice modification with fiberglass in the front to cover the front seat , and place my ipad , see the attach photo but this is just drawing in real will be different ,
till me what you think . this what happened when you cant afford new one :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-08-18 at 10.12.08 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-08-18 at 10.12.08 PM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 94
That would look cool. I would be afraid of it getting wet. What is the purpose of an ipad there anyway, just to watch movies? You could get a small LCD tv cheaper.

That would look cool. I would be afraid of it getting wet. What is the purpose of an ipad there anyway, just to watch movies? You could get a small LCD tv cheaper.

No The Ipad is more than music and movie its have full Marine GPS app
and music , video's , email , my ipad is 3G so you can be connected all times .

yes i agree with you about the water thing , but i will design the screen cover to be protected with plastic transparent .

see my app as screen shot

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 27
  • photo 3-1.jpg
    photo 3-1.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 4-1.jpg
    photo 4-1.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 28
Sounds really cool. I am interested. Keep us updated with your progress and welcome here!!!

Sounds really cool. I am interested. Keep us updated with your progress and welcome here!!!

No worry mate and thank you , i have spend a lot of time thinking what to do with this boat finally my ideas start to work for me , and i love to share it with you guys

Cheers
Rashid

wow I was getting an Ipad but wanted to fix my rotax 657x on my 95 sportster first! lol

I like that GPS software on your ipad, cool cool.

I do also like the "contemporary" look on your boat....

It looks photoshoped though? am I wrong or right?

wow I was getting an Ipad but wanted to fix my rotax 657x on my 95 sportster first! lol

I like that GPS software on your ipad, cool cool.

I do also like the "contemporary" look on your boat....

It looks photoshoped though? am I wrong or right?

Hi it's Photoshop , I am asking to help chose the best design ,

iPad

I like the last degign also you should send it to Bombardier

Who makes a marine GPS app for iPad ? Good idea, cheaper and portable than a dedicated Garmin marine GPS

I agree, the last one. But I have to admit, being from Indianapolis I am partial to any checkered flag!

What do you think of it without decals?

First, I'm a happy Seadoo boat owner. That said, BRP's graphics generally strike me as tacky and adolescent, and I hate that the boat is covered in so much easily-damaged vinyl. Ever notice that SeaDoo's $20,000 boats have far more, and flashier, graphics than its $50,000 boats?

It's all about taste but I would seriously consider leaving it clean and classy.

Dave

I've seen my boat without decals ('08 180 Challenger SE) and it was bland. Prior to the '09's the entire hull is white. Without some kind of graphics, an all-white hull looks too generic.

I thought about going custom, but I read some posts here that I shouldn't expect them to last too long, so for that reason and the fact that the seller was going to pay for the two largest (and most expensive ones), I just went with stock. But he's gotta do something other than plain white.

Decals are a PITA to put on without getting bubbles, so anything as big as his designs I would let a pro install.

Here is the Complete drowning for the body modification i will do now

Last one here as well. Look real nice. Keep us posted.

HI all thank you for every one for helping me here is my drawing for the dash for the Stereo and the ipad + the storage cover as soon i get the boat from the work shop i will be posting how to make this modification include the electric connection etc , please till me what you think and if you have in idea to share

also for people who interested on the ipad i can till you what applications are available for marine etc .

Cheers
Rashid
haqbany@gmail.com

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-08-20 at 7.17.32 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-08-20 at 7.17.32 PM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen shot 2010-08-20 at 7.25.40 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-08-20 at 7.25.40 PM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 42
What do you think of it without decals?

First, I'm a happy Seadoo boat owner. That said, BRP's graphics generally strike me as tacky and adolescent, and I hate that the boat is covered in so much easily-damaged vinyl. Ever notice that SeaDoo's $20,000 boats have far more, and flashier, graphics than its $50,000 boats?

It's all about taste but I would seriously consider leaving it clean and classy.

Dave

Hi Dave

I think its look really ugly without decals see attach

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    872.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi Haqbany --

It's all about personal taste and I respect yours.

Personally I think your boat looks pretty good without a thing on it! Compare what you have now to the 2010 Challenger 210 or Challenger 230, for instance, and you may want to play around with some smaller graphics. But again, to each his own.

Please keep us posted on what you decide!

Dave

Attachments

• haqbany_alt.jpg
    haqbany_alt.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 20
Here is the Seat Cover with german water proof lather

Here is the Seat Cover with german water proof lather

now i will start work in to the interior fiberglass work will post soon
:)

please let me know what you think
Rashid

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 29
Seats look good. I got some questions for ya...Did you make them yourself? I see you have a zipper on the back. Does that cover just slide on after you strip the old cover or is it glued on? How much did it cost ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back