PLEASE HELP 2004 gtx wake 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiancarloV11

I’m fairly new to the world of 4 strokes. I have a 2004 gtx wake 155. It had a damaged 12/20 prop in it from what I assume is a 185hp gtx. Even though it cavitation pretty bad out the hole . It felt very aggressive. And I loved the hole shot feel from it. Now I’ve put in the oem 11/19 impeller. All cavitation is gone and it still gps at 54 mph. But it doesn’t come out the hole very hard. My question is. If I have a 12/20 in perfect condition is my ski able to handle or spin or whatever you call it properly or will it struggle because it is a different pitch. Haven’t done much to the ski just an intake. Removed resonator and installed a straight pipe. And plugged the ride plate holes with marine epoxy. How can I get a more aggressive hole shot ? I know these skis aren’t speed demons or anything like that.

I had an 03 GTX s/c and it did 58 with a new OE prop and defective (oval) wear ring. Had some cavitation out the hole. I never ran it with a proper wear ring, but I cut that whole driveline and pasted it in a 97 Challenger. The result would go about 55. I had to slow it down because that boat starts to chine walk at that speed. Felt pretty dangerous. I bored the nozzles out for more holeshot. I think that ski with a good OE prop and wear ring should hit 60.

Ok so here’s the thing. I check the solas chart and it says the gtx 155 can handle 12/20 at stage 2... but I haven’t found any info on a stage 2 for a n/a gtx 155. I want that aggressive feeling hit it had. It still feels great but it’s not so good for doing 180s and “ donuts” etc any advice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back