Pipe support missing.. 951 bad news?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaspermm

Hey guys..

I bought a 99 GSXL just before summer, and the ski has been nothing but trubble so far.

but since i joined the forum I have learned a lot, thanks to you guys! and I am now fixing all the issues that this ski has (gray lines, carb rebuild, ect.) and I hope it will be ready next summer.

but today i realized that one of the pipe supports is missing.. the one supporting the pipe laying in the starboard side of the hull.

the one just above the MAG cover is there and is all good.

i have looked for the part online, and seams hard to find. (part no. 274 000 666)

so heres the question; how important is this support?

One more since we are in the missing section;

the ski is also missing the "Inler Tube PTO & MAG" 273 000 151 & 273 000 150

aswell as the in tire Hose Support Ass'y .. (291 001 150)

what are the function of these and should i care that its missing?

thanks!

The air parts are to properly rout the air in the hull... and the rear mount is also a muffler to help keep noise in check. It will run without them... but I would check ebay. I'm sure you can get them cheap.

As far as the pipe mount... you need it. Without the mount... you could crack the pipe, or the exhaust manifold.

I might have one in the basement. The 99 GSX I picked up was 1/2 assed put together as well... But yea it's fixed. Are the x4 hull under seat silencers the same? They look similar. Have fun getting that bracket on. I usually leave it loose engine side, bolt to pipe, then you can get one bolt w/thread lock tight to the block, then remove the pipe bolt, tighten the other bolt to block, then you can bolt the pipe on. Get it? Lol. It's because you can't reach the front bolt when the pipe bolt is in. I've done over 10 951s to date...love that engine.

i think the part is $20 free shipping...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130760873187

LOL - should make a site " let me ebay that for you.com" like the "let me google that for you.."

thanks man, I will buy that one..

as to the troubles when mounting the pipe:

I dont totaly get it, what is the best way to make sure to no overstrain anything, since there are so many bolts, from different angels in the pipe (4to mani , 3 support bolts)

you have a complete recipe for at successful install?

thanks!

The bolt commonly cracks off in the pipe so check and make sure you dont have that issue.

I have all the parts you are missing...let me know if I can help. I ship worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back