Picking up our first pwc on Sat. 08rxt-x

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

govprof

Hi everybody,

Tomorrow my wife and I leave for Cedarsburg Wisconsin to pick up our new '08 RXT-X. Yes, it's a NOS '08 with zero hours from Cedar Creek Motor Sports. We've been researching and looking at PWC with the intent to buy so we did our homework and now I just can't wait to get it home and wait for spring! We "boat" all summer long on our Egg Harbor in Port Clinton, Ohio and our boys have become accomplished swimmers and boaters themselves. We enjoy the water and its been in the family for generations. Seadoo claims that they design their PWC to last a decade and I hope that it translates to the beginning of Grad School for both of them!

So Saturday December 4th we will pick up the zero hour RXT-X. This is the 255 horse version and I've added the cruise control module along with a cover, otherwise it's bone stock. I've read about the performance modifications that some have done to their craft and while some sound incredible - I'm more conserned with making this thing last for a long, long time. While this is our first PWC I'm sure a second isn't far away so I'm very open to input from the forum on their favorite Seadoo's. Second, I have a question for those of you with supercharges - What do you think of the installation of a supercharger pop-off valve to protect the supercharger clutch?

Thanks,
Bill:cheers:

Attachments

• 2008-sea-doo-rxt-x-6_1280x0w[1].jpg
    2008-sea-doo-rxt-x-6_1280x0w[1].jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2008-sea-doo-rxt-x-5_1280x0w[1].jpg
    2008-sea-doo-rxt-x-5_1280x0w[1].jpg
    171 KB · Views: 6
  • 2008 Sea-Doo RXT-X Specs.pdf
    168.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum and congrats.. Thats a great ski you are getting.

Also, I would start a new thread and re-ask your question about the supercharger in the PWC-General forum. You will get more visibility there.

Thanks Rampage!
Four inches of snow in Wisconsin! Perfect day to pick up a new ski. Found out the cruise control module isn't compatable with the 08. Left an Ohio license plate somewhere around Joliet, Ill. doing 75 on the Dan Ryan though!

G'Prof

Feel free to drop it off down here....I can keep the Cob Webs out of it all winter for ya LOL...:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back