Parkerized ( Rust Proofed ) the trailer coupler

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tresvatos1

image.jpgJust something I did today to cure this problem. Any hunters or weapon enthusiast have probably heard of parkerizing a gun barrel. It is a chemical process that makes the gun barrel not only not rust, but cling onto any oil like based molecules in the air. This provides a constant lubrictating effect . I had the materials and set up for doing gun barrels so I decided to do the trailer hitch coupler that was rusting and getting to be an eye sore! At least this will be one less thing to have to maintain on the trailer. now I'm doing my winch levers and gears and the hooks on the Speedsters tie down rear straps . Just something to do since I had the stuff! Lolimage.jpg

That's cool! You might not know it but you can buy a ball that has the top 1/3 made from plastic or Teflon. No grease required.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Like this rapid hitch ball. It's just a cap or coating

https://www.andersenhitches.com/Products/3453--2-greaseless-single-alumiball.aspx

266.jpg

Maybe not a bad idea, will look into doing that too.

I use this one, (Reese 74307) without grease that sucks up the sand and grit like a neodymium magnet, the ball rotates and just a few occasional drops of ATF to dissolve and clean out road grit and wipe off, keeps it all working well.

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good ideas ! I went ahead and parkerized my trailer ball too + all metal hooks, chains, and strap clamps just for the added protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back