Painting gauge needles

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink

Has anyone taken their gauges apart to repaint the needles? Mine are faded almost white and are very hard to read. Not even sure where to start. The gauges seem to be working fine and I would hate to ruin them trying to make them better than they are. Or are they cheap to replace???

Does anyone have a spare gauge I can pratice on??? Working or not. I would hate to ruin a new good gauge to find out I cant do it. I would be glad to post a how to if I can figure it out.

I repainted both tach needles on my 95 Speedster. Had to gently bend the lip on the bezel rings and then slowly work them off. Made huge difference as I could not see them at all before. Speedometer is not working so I did not fool with it. Painted fuel gauge needle also. I've had no problems with fogging or condensation under the glass.

tach.jpg

Here's a idea. After removing the gauge & cover.
1. take and cut a line half way through a piece of construction paper. (any kind of dense paper will work)
2. slide the slit in the paper under the needle and around the needle center
3. the paper should cover the entire face of the guage at this point
4. tape the slit in the paper closed...inspect it to make sure no paint can get to the white face on the gauge
5. tape off places on the needle you dont want new paint or splater on (use a light adhesive tape)
6. then hit it with a shot or 2 of paint.
If I explained this right... this should be a quick & easy way to paint the needle with no mess or having to remove the needle itself.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sink,

I hope this little project doesn't interfere with us coming to your place for Christmas, it's all that Sis has talked about, and Jake really misses that young goat you have. See you soon.

Lou

Didn't anyone here build model planes when they where young?I used to paint the pilots goggles on,straps,wheel nuts etc.A bloody great needle couldn't be that hard to paint.Down to the hobby shop.A tiny bottle of paint and a brush with about 10 hairs on it.And about 3 Valium to steady the hands.EASY

Criss,

We used to build model airplanes when we were kids, you remember Jake always got high on the model air plane glue, he sure went through a lot of glue and paper bags. Probably part of the reason Jake had to ride the short bus.

I hope you'll be able to come with us to Sink's this year for Christmas, we're staying through at least New Years, we might even have to wait for the spring thaw. I sold the yellow hummer to RFoster so we'll have to drive Pa's old truck, you and Sis can ride in the back, we'll have a good time.

Lou

Yeh!Lou.Me remembers.That WAS funny.His eyes used to look at each other and then he'd fall over things.
If I am in the back of Pa's truck with Sis'.Can you feed her up a bit.She really looks skinny.Skinny= cold.Or tell her to bring some of her college friends.They are such nice girls.

Criss,

That's a recent picture of her on my avatar, when we were in Florida looking for Brent Vandelay. You think she's too skinny?

Lou

SKINNY??
Look at the poor girl.She looks like stick with all the wood scratched off.Lucky she has some pink bits.Covering up her dignity.Arms that skinny can't lift a pot of shrimp off the stove!
Hey.Are the gauges fixed yet?
Sink.Paint the needles the same nice pink color that is in Lou's avatar.It's a nice color to look at

hey Lou and Criss, I remember ya'll tellin me if i sniffed that glue it wuld give me smarts like ya'll and i wuldn't has ta ride on that there little bus no mores with them retard kids that made fun of me

Sink, I just painted arrows right on the glass, now I always has a full tank a gas. Can't wait ta see yur yungin again at Christmas. I think she really tuk a shine to me at Thanksgiving.

:lol::rofl:Yeh.That was good.Jake catchin' the special little white bus.Especially when we told you that the cookie monster lunchbox was really good to meet other kids.Geez you used to cop a beatin'

Come to think of it...
Lou was always playin' tricks.Jake! remember when 8th grade sports carnival was on?I wanted to win the runnin' type race.Lou says to me to eat a heap of curry cause it'll make me run faster than anyone.Remember all the other kids and parents lookin' at me at about the 100 foot mark?Then I slipped over!I had to walk home cause Pa' wouldn't let me in the back of the truck.

you shoulda won that race too Criss. You was way out in front when ya soiled yur britches. Hell you was 8 years older and a foot taller than all them other 8th graders. I sur wish I culda made it to the 8th grade.

Yeh!.Not bloody wrong there Jake.Me could have gone on to bigger and better things.You know.I maybe evens might bin able to drive thems trucks.But no.I stills have to washem'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back