P1690, can I turn off with buds?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Refrud

A few years ago, my 2005 RXP stopped starting amd spat out the p1690 error. I took it to the dealer who told me there was a problem with the VTS. Instead of replacing, he just set it to the middle and I was happy with that.

I hadnt used it in a couple of years. I put it into the water a few days ago and a clamp was loose and it took on a little water so I took it home and cleaned it up, easy fix.

However now it is throwing the P1690 error again - wont start up.

Being that he never replaces the VTS last time, just set it to the middle. What else must have he done. Is it possible he just turned off the error with the buds system. Is that even a thing? And why would it be throwing that error again?

Any light on the situation would greatly be appreciated. I can get a copy of buds but have never used it.

When your not using the VTS trim button the 1690 code goes inactive and can be cleared with a dealer buds reader or Candoo Pro. After you clear it as soon as you put power to the circuit by attempting to adjust trim the code becomes active. You might have inadvertently hit the trim button or maybe the water you took on some how energized the circuit.
Sea-Doo probably thinks you should fix the trim problem (runaway trim) before you ride it again by enabling the no start condition with the code active.

When your not using the VTS trim button the 1690 code goes inactive and can be cleared with a dealer buds reader or Candoo Pro. After you clear it as soon as you put power to the circuit by attempting to adjust trim the code becomes active. You might have inadvertently hit the trim button or maybe the water you took on some hose energized the circuit.
Thank you very much. What would be your suggestion?

I am not sure what would happen at 60 mph if the trim ran away up or down in a jet ski. Myself I would either fix it or not use it if I was assured there was no power to the circuit. Fuse?
Again Sea-Doo might not like us pulling a fuse and it could cause the code to become active again enabling the no start.

I am not sure what would happen at 60 mph if the trim ran away up or down in a jet ski. Myself I would either fix it or not use it if I was assured there was no power to the circuit. Fuse?
Again Sea-Doo might not like us pulling a fuse and it could cause the code to become active again enabling the no start.
I think the we he set it to middle he physically disabled it a few years ago.

I think the we he set it to middle he physically disabled it a few years ago.
That is exactly what he did. In BUDS, you can uncheck the option for the VTS which basically turns it off and turned your RXP into a GTX that doesn't have the trim system.
Sometimes when the mpem/ECU sit for a long period of time, they lose their programmed settings which is probably what happened to yours.
Why not just fix the VTS? The VTS system is very reliable as long as you replace the rubber boot every few years. It's when the boot cracks and leaks that the water takes out the module or the motor or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back