P0264 and coil pack

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

psubill78

My 2016 Wake Pro 215 started throwing P0264 today. Limped back (engine running rough), searched and found this was a volt issue on cyl2.

Checked the fuse, fuse was burned. Thought 'hey, easy fix' (never). Put the extra 10 amp fuse in, and it popped nearly immediately. Back on the jet dock, I examined the engine more closely, and saw the cyl 2 ignition coil was raised a little. Tried to push it down - didn't go own - and pulled it out - and it was actually 'bent' a little and not straight like the other 2. What would cause this? Is it possible that the 'exploded' coil would cause all this? Pic of the coil attached.

Should I try swapping a coil from my '14 IS 260 (same coil part #) and a new fuse and see if that works? Is there any risk/possibility for more damage? The spark plug in cyl 2 looks normal, not pushed up or damaged in any way.

This unit has an extended warranty, but the service place is an hour away, plus hauling the ski isn't convenient at all. Buying a new coil and new fuse is worth not having to take it in (especially with the 'rona, and service times likely being weeks out).

Suggestions?

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back