Outfitting a Challenger for Fishing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tictoc

hey guys/gals,

New to site found out while looking for info on Spec's and such. Just wondering if anyone has out fitted their Challenger for Fishing and what kind of setup you have? I know I should get a fishing boat for fishing yadda yadda yadda but I needed to make a comprimise with my wife and this is what we got a 98 Challenger Twin. Any tips would be great thanks.

I haven't outfitted mine yet, but I'm planning to. I have a 97 challenger. Actually I love these boats for fishing. Only one problem, and thats trolling. I'm planning to pick up a bow mount trolling motor and haven't quite figured out how I'm going to mount it but I'll probably use the front mooring cleats in some was so as to avoid drilling any holes in the hull. I have friends with some pretty fancy machinist tools so I should be able to whip up a mounting bracket of some sort. I'm planning to remove the driver's cup holder and use a cross block under the fiberglass to clamp a block to the hull for screwing in a fish finder. I'm going to use PVC lumber, to avoid the hillbilly look of using wood. I'll post back once im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back