Out of Season Storage aka winterizing ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatsink56

So reading the Service Manual on the 200 optimax system. it talks about fuel and Jet Pump oil and battery.. says nothing about " Poring " antifreeze into the water hose inlet port for the motor. so am I missing something here or does our motors not require any kind of antifreeze for the winter and we just focus on the fuel vapor separator tank? thanks in advance.

My understanding is that these engines are all self draining, meaning there shouldn't be any water left in the engine to freeze, however I'm just referencing what I've read here and looking at the Merc 210/240 M2 manual.

I've also been told the M2 engine is self draining. But just to be sure I pour Nontoxic anti freeze in the water hose port.

To everyone who is winterizing their boat, don't forget to put a piece of duct tape over the pee hole on the stern. Bugs love to nest in that tube. The next time you run the engine, those bugs may cost you a melted piston. If the hot water can't get out, cool water can't get in.

To everyone who is winterizing their boat, don't forget to put a piece of duct tape over the pee hole on the stern. Bugs love to nest in that tube. The next time you run the engine, those bugs may cost you a melted piston. If the hot water can't get out, cool water can't get in.
masking tape would work fine duck tape likes to leave half of itself with it if you leave it outside for a long period of time

Not denying the residue of duct tape. But have you ever tried to remove masking tape that has been in the sun for 3 months? I will stick (get it?) with a 1" square of good grade duct tape.

Not denying the residue of duct tape. But have you ever tried to remove masking tape that has been in the sun for 3 months? I will stick (get it?) with a 1" square of good grade duct tape.
i have most of the time it shrivels up and falls off, but a lot easier to deal with than duct tape imo

is there 2 fuel filters. I know of the bigger spin on one but is there a inline one too. 2003 season utopia 205 240 efi

There are 3 filters. One is screwed into the lift pump. Next is the large spin-on water separater. Last in inside the vst, on the bottom of the pump. There is a strainer on the pickup tube in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back