OTAS causing low RPMs?Bypass possible?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

AmorVita

So my 2014 Spark as been acting up this seasson first with RPMs being limited to low 6,000. Thought it was a fule issue, treated fule and ran it untill it seemingly was fixed.

Halfway thru seasson started getting electrical issues... found batterie dead and when charged the display read “Reading Key” and eratic display messages as well as the bike turning its self on and off.

So far I have replased the start/stop relay. This stoped the erratic starting and stopping on its own, but “reading key” message as well as a new “OTAS Failure” message were present on the display. Again the RPMs are limited to low to mid 6,000s

So I dug into the OTAS system...(which i wish didn't even exist on the bike in the first place) Removed the OTAS sensor, magnets seem fine.

Now when starting up the bike the “reading key” display message has disappeared and now intermittently reads “Check Engin OTAS Failure” and the RPMs are still sticking to low to mid 6,000s...

Any ideas what is causing the low RPMs? It is not giving any indication that “Limp Mode” has been activated.

Would rather find a way to clear the check engin light and OTAS falure and not buy a $70 part for a system I wish didn’t exist...

Wish this thing was like my old 92 Xp that I could always keep running with a hand full of zip ties some duct tape and a gum wrapper Hahaha!

Thanks in advance
-Bob

Update! “Reading Key” message is back!!!

This thing is fun!

Thinking about rewiering the OTAS sensor to just laways send .8 volts fooling the brian to always thinking the steering is faceing forward... thoughts?

Also starting to think I have multiple issues happening simultaneously...

I had a reading key issue and it was doing all kinds of weird stuff, ibr wouldn't work. it would start sometimes, not other times always read "reading key" the whole time, stuck in neutral. Turns out my harness had some corroded pins to the dash and one rotted right off to the diagnostic port.

Back