Options for aftermarket guards or rub rails for hood

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skrillac

I have a 96 GTI. Have taken the ski out a few times and rubbed up against the dock a few times when the waves were strong. Was wondering if there are any options for product to spray that would protect or guards to cover the sides of the hood so I can protect the hood of the ski.

IMG_20220424_145742.jpgIMG_20220424_145746.jpg

Google "jetski dock bumpers", lots of options, but depending on style of dock, they may or may not work. I always tie up my skis with ropes from both ends so they can bob and bounce all they like and hit nothing. This too only works with the correct tie off points, but I can usually make it work, even if i have to jump in to tie off a dock pole. Watch out for sharp objects though. Of course I ride a HX, and wife rides XP. Both around 9 ft. Good luck!

Ours sits up on a hoist at our cottage. We then have an auger style mooring line with small buoy for when we need to “tie up” anywhere else on our lake.

I looked into bumpers, but as mentioned above. Lots of styles, and depends on dock and lack water levels as to how effective they are since the jet skis are so low and smal in the water compared to a boat. Just didn’t seem like bumpers were a relatable way to go, so we went with the augured mooring line.

When on lift:

BE97B7E8-2789-4304-B22C-B74D57B79D98.jpeg

When on mooring line:
B20CDF7F-2DDF-4010-B9F5-FF85F9B1991E.jpeg

My specific use case is launching at a public boat launch and tying off to the dock maybe 30 feet out from there. Some bigger boats come into the dock and rock the ski sometimes and it will smash into the aluminum dock. I've started countering this by tying off in such a way that there isn't slack for my ski to smash into the dock. That and I return the favor going WOT off the dock while they are trying to tie off :)

My lake is basically a dammed river and its really small. Alot of people live around it and I've found its quicker to get to the other side via jetski, so I'm constantly zooming around back and forth. I don't leave the ski tied up for long unless i'm in one of the small channels in the river, where any waves are negligible and larger boats can't get to. Plenty of bridges too that are 5-6ft above the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back