Ontario Marine Assistance Recommandation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bonmotwang

Have been out in the water a couple of times this year, which is my first boating season.
I am looking for something like CAA on the lake.
Did some research on line, about only two companies showing up by Googling. one is called Canada's Marine Assistance, the other one is call C-TOW.
Any recommendations?

Thanks

Did a few phone calls. This is what I got:

My home insurance company TD doesn't cover Jet Boat. And the guy told me that better find a boat insurance company anyway, because they are just not set up for that and won't have the best rates.

I called Harbour Insurance Services LTD.

$405/year including taxes.
- $2M liability
- $250 deductible
- $6000 for the boat, $1000 for the trailer (these are numbers I told her, no pictures, no addresses required)
- $1000 emergency assistance including paying to towing back to shore if run out of gas, or hit a rock, etc. I need to pay the service provider and they will reimburse me.

I asked her to play with liability and deductible numbers to see if i can get a low price. But she said this is one package thing without any flexibility.

I thought this is a pretty good deal. I was looking into paying $65 or $100 for the marine assistance.

What do you guys think?

One more online quote from BoatSmart

$331.56/year

- $2M liability
- $5000 emergency towing
- $5000 personal belongings
- $6000 for the boat, $1000 for the trailer

Getting better :-D

Did a few more quotes:
all in $300~$400.

So $350 should be the market price in Ontario then.

One question here: Who buys the Marine Assistance Service then if insurance covers the emergency towing?

Back