Onboard inflator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kernal

Hardwiring an inflator for our WOW mat.

Looks like a good spot

20180624_145717.jpg

Mounted the pump, relay and fuse block to a piece of HDPE.

20180624_154738.jpg

Choice of location made for an interesting time securing, but finally got it in there.

20180624_165418.jpg

Installed a switch under the port side seat for now, and use as a master switch. Need to add the connection on the back of the boat tonite.

20180624_190911.jpg

I assume that is in the engine compartment... How/where are you running the hose for the inflator?

Yes it's in the engine compartment, on the port side. I'll post the finished pics later today or tomorrow. The connection will be on the swim deck, port side, with another switch.

Finished it up, this was not an easy install. The fiberglass is tapered and thicker than I expected which lead to dremel work for a recessed cup on the back side, and a custom connector from a modified PVC adapter. However I think it turned out pretty good.

20180626_212445.jpg

Not using the Boston Valve, and using a deck wash fitting would have made this easier.

I also installed the LED cup holders on the back and two LED lights cause I've had them on the workbench.

20180626_212421.jpg

I wanted to put the lights on the very back, but the top fiberglass is really think and I was unsure of getting the nut on, and didn't want to dremel another recess. I did find they make a smaller LED, Bolt Bulb, that would probably work. The swimdeck lights are on a relay that I'll tie into the nav lights, so if nav's are on, deck lights will be off. Not that I boat at night often on the "patrolled" lakes.

I wanted to put the lights on the very back, but the top fiberglass is really think and I was unsure of getting the nut on, and didn't want to dremel another recess. I did find they make a smaller LED, Bolt Bulb, that would probably work. The swimdeck lights are on a relay that I'll tie into the nav lights, so if nav's are on, deck lights will be off. Not that I boat at night often on the "patrolled" lakes.
Sweet ! So where did you get the lights from ?

Ordered from Amazon, they are livewell lights. I found another option this morning, bolt bulb from superbrightleds. The bolt bulb looks small enough to go on the very backwhere the gunnel means the swim deck.

Wow, that's a nice install! Nice work makes me want the same! We use a 12v inflator all the time!

Just have to say amazing job! Been thinking about this and never thought about wiring a connection like that! I think I will try to do the same, but wire in another switch on the dash (where I have an empty slot since I don't have the weedless system) just in case I can't access that or hands tied and need someone else to do it. But seriously, amazing job for sure and great craftsmanship!!

I used a Boston valve from amazon. Due to the thickness I'd recommend using a wash down fitting that has a hose end connector on it. The boston valve connector is only about 1/2 inch long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back