?on oil change 2012 challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tchies

Is there an easy way to pin the throttle to crank the motor over to get more oil out? motor wont crank in forward?

Thanks

Tim

Not totally sure what boat you have but if you have 210 Challenger... In our 2010 210 Challenger there are two throttle position sensors pinned together to operate as one, they are located under the helm. (Not being 100 percent sure on the boat you have a similar process will work.) You can temporarily zip tie the throttle position sensors to the wide open position, and leave the hand controls in the neutral position, this puts the boat in 'drown out mode' the engine will not fire but will crank over allowing for a proper oil change.

I figured that might be - mine is behind the front seat - I'll zip it today and try ut - thanks

Happy Holidaz!

Tim

so I zipped the TPS - removed the plugs and ran 2 cycles thru - got more than 3 /12 quarts out - motor turns over much easier with the plugs out. new oil, filter and plugs new plugs - 2 below - ugh.

Thanks to all - happy holidaz/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back