Oil Sensor on Accel; 3rd time at dealer; 2005 GTX Bombardier

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rscrimo

In February I brought my ski in because the oil sensor would come on everytime I gave it any gas, No HP.....I know the oil sensors are funny on these ski and even in the past, maybe 4 times the oil sensor has came on, I shut it off, let it sit for a minute, crank back up and it works fine.....but this time was different, as soon as you give it any gas the oil sensor comes on EVERY single time and then the engine bogs down, no hp.

First trip to the authorized dealer I bought my ski at, said the supercharger needed to be rebuilt and one of the seals needed to be replaced (plus I knew I needed to get new spark plugs, battery, and oil change from sitting over winter). $1500 total invoice, take it out that same day, soon as I get in the water I let it idle to warm up for a few minutes, then moment I touched the acceleration, same thing, oil sensor, long beep, no HP. (tested 3 more times to be sure). drove straight back to the dealer 45 min away.

2nd Trip to authorized dealer......They think its a sensor, wait 10 min, they have their tech replace the sensor(s)....not the problem, ask me to drop it off gain, call me a week later saying its the computer, ok fix it, another week, new computer and wire harness installed. I pick up the ski somewhat pleased it only took 2 weeks, compared to the normal 4-6 weeks. Never even cross my mind to test the accel there in the parking lot, take it out to water, drop it, idle to warm up, soon as I hit accel, Oil sensor, long beep, no HP (tested two more times). drove straight back to the dealer.

3rd trip- Dropped it off 2 weeks ago, have yet to receive a phone call to know what "might" be the problem this time, I plan on calling them tomorrow to see if they know anything yet but I wanted to see if anyone has any experiences or ideas out there what it could be before I call them? I'm just a little worried they dont know what is wrong with it and they just make up something else that "might" be causing it, dont even wanna hear the word "dollars" come up lol

.....and yes its an authorized Seadoo Dealer and they have been putting it on the computer everytime thats suppose to tell them what wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealerships or Stealerships..?

I'm going to try to not get to involved here because I tend to stand on a soap box.

These guys are doing what they do best. Troubleshooting at your expense. They obviously have no idea on why your ski is doing what it's doing. What I can't understand is, what are they doing each time they tell you it's fixed? They sure aren't taking it out for a test drive.

That's like a car mechanic telling a customer their car is fixed without testing it. If the owner came up to drive the car out and it broke down right there in the drive way, other potential customers would see this and think twice about letting them work on their car.

Because skis/boats come in on trailers, the mechanics don't have to worry about you for at least a day or so. Think of how many lose their money by taking it to these places, get frustrated and never go back!..... To me, its a crime.

Oh, and BRP certified?.......ROFL, take in a 97 model 787cc engine and they will most likely tell you they don't work on this engine anymore. That's because you have to actually be a mechanic. The motor has very little in the way of electronics. So,if it's broke, you have to get your hands dirty and fix it. These so-called "mechaincs" can only do what the computer says to do. They don't undertand the basic principle of an internal combustion engine. They only understand what the computer says is wrong with the "engine managment system" and then, replace a component and hope that was it. When it's not, do you thinkn they are going to remove that $100 dollar sensor and put it back on the shelf. Oh no, they will convince you that you needed it anyway.

Oh, BTW, that supercharger rebuild kit? It cost less than $400 bucks, so you can see 2/3'rd of that money was their profit. I'm sure they even get the rebuild kits cheaper than we do........so they probably make even more.

O.k., sorry. I wasn't going to get on my soap box, I'll step down now...:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back