Oil Pump removal/bypass how to??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrothead757

I remember a while back there was a thread on how to bypass the oil injection and go to premix. I can't seem to find it now! :(

Does anyone have a how to on this?? It's for a 787 motor if it matters. My XP already had it done when i bought it. I'm eyeballing a challenger with the same motor that still uses oil injection, and if i get it i want to convert it to pre-mix.

Thanks!!

that motor, pull the injection pump off, remove the plastic drive shaft, then reinstall the pump, with cap'n the inlet and outlets. Your using the pupm as a block-off.

If your oil injection is working properly, its just going to cost you a lot of $ in wasted oil if you convert to premix. I'm in the process of converting my XP BACK to oil injection. Just something to think about...

im thinking about removing my oil pump too, isnt the bottom end of the engine lubed by this pump if its disconnected, how does the bottom end get oiled?

how would you go about doing it to the 580 white motor

you would want to remove the front part of the intake manifold, then you'll expose the plastic gear inside, remove it, then reassmble using the injection as a block-off, or get the kit, but you want toremove that gear...:cheers:

im thinking about removing my oil pump too, isnt the bottom end of the engine lubed by this pump if its disconnected, how does the bottom end get oiled?

If removing the injection system, then you'll need to mix ur gas, but leave the resivoir bottle in there,with the 2-oil lines attached, one to th motor, and one leaving the motor, going back up to the resivoir(on top)

40:1 is the correct ratio, but why bother? Seriously, Bombardier makes not only SeaDoos, but airplanes! Their R+D is pretty impressive. If they designed your PWC with oil injection, it belongs that way! Don't fix it if it ain't broke! I think Seadoosnipe and other experts will back me on this one. Just leave the oil injection alone!

you right..

40:1 is the correct ratio, but why bother? Seriously, Bombardier makes not only SeaDoos, but airplanes! Their R+D is pretty impressive. If they designed your PWC with oil injection, it belongs that way! Don't fix it if it ain't broke! I think Seadoosnipe and other experts will back me on this one. Just leave the oil injection alone!

Aint an expert, but have always dumped the oil injection, just because..and now, with these last 2-boats i got, left the injection on, and DAMN, if I didnt piss money away. You must use 10x, seriously, more oil than just leav'n the injection on...

well i either have to remove it or buy a whole new pump...and at this point im just ready to get it running...thanks for the help

took mine off

I took mine off and used the block off just a few weeks ago. I have saved everything so i will have it all tested and make sure it is still putting out at the propoer volume. I removed it out of fear and wanting not to have to rebuild my motor again. I think I use 4 to 5 times more oil now then with pump. Will be testing soon and putting back on if good thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back