Oil pump lever spring position

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeabossTM

As you can see in the picture, the non-lever end loop of the return spring has sprung off of whatever it is supposed to be maintaining tension against. It's just hanging loose and doesn't return the lever to resting position. You can just see a bit of the end loop at the end of the red arrow.

I can't easily tell from my acrobatics where it's supposed to hook onto. Would that be the #18 bolt in the reference microfiche diagram, or somewhere else? Perhaps it loops around the nub of the pump body where the alignment mark is?

041b7986a077d9be4ee4330a284ff470.jpg
614c1028405dac058dd523ee19ec7d30.jpg

Which motor is this pump on? I’ve had this problem myself, but I don’t remember where the spring hooked. I’ll get into one and look, but it will help if I know what ski you’re working with.

If I remember correctly the tab will grab its spot when you wind it the correct way. It should be pulling on the cable.

If I remember correctly the tab will grab its spot when you wind it the correct way. It should be pulling on the cable.
I kind of tried that but not much of a rotation as the cable was still attached, it didn't end up anywhere that looked like it would hold tension. The spring end I'm talking about is the end that's not slotted into the lever itself.

Yes I know the end you are talking about. You have to remove the cable to wind the arm.

Yep, that worked, thank you. Popped the cable out, spun the lever around and the spring laid right on the nub itself, with good tension after one more rotation.

Wisdom wins again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back