oil light on beeps 4 times

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmeyer79

Have 2003 challenger 240hp merc oil light comes on when key is on , have emptied water seperator filter, both oil tanks full , i know it getting oil. need help

Welcome.

There are a couple things...

1) Late 2002 to 2003 was a transitional time. So... before trying to figure out what's going on... we need to know what version of the engine you have. Please post your engine serial number. Also... is the top engine cover round, or more rectangle shaped? (the plastic part with the mercury label on it)

2) The oil light is the generic warning light for the merc system. Seadoo dropped the ball on the label, so most owners instantly think it's an oil issue. The little icon by the light should have just been a little bell.

While waiting for the S/N... just for giggles... pull the wire off the bottom of the fuel filter. Even if you pour it out... water could be tripping that alarm. If the alarm stops... then put on a new filter.

OK... you have the newer engine.

4 beeps and that light can be several things. (like sensors out of range) Since you know it has oil, and you know the filter doesn't have water in it. Then it can be a bad engine sender, or the actual water/oil warning unit is bad.

Unfortunately... short of checking each electrical system with a meter... the easiest way to get the real error, is to hook into the Smart craft system. But, if you did have low oil, and you filled the small tank on the side of the engine... make sure you plugged the sender wires back into the harness.

If your fuel sender is connected to the smartcraft system... then yes, it will.

On my boat, it's not, since mine is the early system.

Had the same issue, the water separator sensor was grounded - emptied the separator, still beeped. Measure resistance on separator sensor (one pin) to ground, if you get continuity, replace the entire filter/separator ~ $25. Probably need it anyway.

Havent beeped since.

side engine oil tank is full , shorted the two wires together on oil tank, light went off & beeping stoped. sensor has one screw that holds it in,have been looking for one, not sure of part# or what it is called. need help

replaced part. did not work, light still on beeps 3 times even with engine not running
You said that the problem cleared when you shorted the switch wires together. So .....

Check for continuity through the switch while it is in the full tank and no continuity when it is out of the tank. If the switch is open while in the full tank you may have got a dud. I've got defective parts off the shelf several times.

But then again, without seeing the print for the circuit, I don't know for sure if your switch will be open or closed when the tank is full.
I would test your old switch too and compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back