Oil life

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Googus

I never really understand specially with semi synthetic oils why do you have to change the oil after each season? I have 46 hours on my GTX and my oil looks like it just came out of a new jug. I might just pass it up again.

Mine after 35 hours since last oil change was clear but darker. I decided to change it but I I guess I could have done more hours on it.

So I went ahead and did an oil change .
Oil is at the very top of second bend. Probably 1/2 qt too much.
Should this be a problem or should I suck some out? 3.25 was went into it

As long as it doesn't go over the max limit you're fine. If you are unsure you can always siphon out about a cup. Easy task. I think 3.25 quarts seems just about right if you changed the oil filter. If you did not it will take a bit less. I do not have your precise manual on hand you'd have to check.

Yeah- it’s like right on the line maybe a a smig over. I think I will be alright. Just paranoid

It doesn't blow the motor up or anything, just reduces power. Crank will hit oil when too high which causes it to foam and then even more gets hit by crank. Takes a good deal of power to sweep the counterweights through oil and that power doesn't get to the jet pump. Faster machines can report 2-3mph loss for overfilled

Took it out and ran at full speed and RPMs. No abnormal function. Came home checked oil filter and oil level again. Still at the very top of the bend of dipstick ( upper level mark)
I know I didnt over fill by too much because I still have 3cups of oil left of a gallon jug.
Thanks for the feedback

Oil lubricants break down with heat and changing oil will definitely make your engine last longer
The oil helps to remove contaminates down to the sump
I recommend to change oil every 25hours and filter at 50
We operate in the most worst environment in the world with high sea wa

Jet skis are engineered to ride at WOT, ( 5000 to 7000 plus )rpm.,,for many hours, unlike a car, So colour is not a big factor, it's the viscosity, that is important, and that is not determined by colour. Replacing a 4 stroke motor will cost you thousands, an oil change and filter $100 .

Googus,
Since 3.25 went into, how much did you take out, I always measure what i take out first, 215hp`s like half way between the Notch or Bend on Dipstick.

The oil will also contain moisture, fuel, contamination and even be a little acidic so you really don't want that sitting there all winter. The best thing for the engine is to change it at the end of each season when you get ready for storage. This is why the service intervals always lists and hour rating as well as saying once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back