Oil Injection Use/Delete

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Looking to get input on who continues to use the oil injection and who has deleted it.

Just put a new motor in my boat and have been on the fence on whether to leave it connected or mix the oil and gas myself and remove it. If you could please leave a reply on if you still use it or pulled it off I would appreciate it.

Because there is no indication of when it fails to work and after investing 4K into a new motor I think that it will be more fail safe if I just mix it when I fuel up.

Thanks,
Mike

The one downside I found with premixing is smoke at lower speeds. From what I’ve read at idle the mix is around 100:1 with the injection, and ramps up as throttle increases, to 50:1 at wot. So if you are premixing, you are always at 50:1.

Pre mixing a big tank is a huge pain in the butt. The new oil drive gear is much stronger than the old one. Assuming you replaced it during the rebuild... and assuming you have checked over everything... I don't have a problem with the injector.

FYI... the reason the gear fails in the first place is lack of maintenance !! We have figure out that when the engine overheats, the bushings swell, and bind on the stainless pump drive, and in turn... wipes out the plastic gear. SO... make sure your temp gauge is working, and don't ignore any warning lights.

This is my 8th season on my rebuild... and all is well.

Still on injection. I have all the parts to do the bypass but can't bring myself to do it. Injection is SO nice after per-mixing most of my boating life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back